PDA

View Full Version : : : facelifted my webportfolio : :- crits please

trask
04-11-2002, 11:50 PM
I was going for 'ultra simplicity'

The only known issue I have is to make it so the links for details open in a new window (especially in the website section, gaawd what a hassle) and small pixel issues.

also, I got TONS of new drawings to still add.. check back if you find the work interesting.

http://www.swfdc.com/portfolio

Im thinking about making my name in all caps to contrast the 'all lowercase' theme on the site, thoughts?

thanks for your time!
andrew

Khar_Negt
04-12-2002, 07:00 PM
Hey, lot a fun sketch :) Lot of live in it... really love these :) Colour it :)

_a_
04-14-2002, 10:19 PM
I like the design. Clean. Couple of thoughts though.
1 It gets a little cofusing navigating with all the buttons moving around on different screens, i think they should stay in one spot maybe.
2 You want to build a site that is easily expandable (add more images etc) without too much hassle
3 I love abstract sites and non-standard buttons (just take a look at my site lol ) but some of your pages have buttons that are a bit too anonymous, maybe just turn them into rollovers or something.

Other than that i really like your style. Very refreshing and new.
mmm, maybe one more thing: "web surfing" (awful phrase) can be pretty banal as we all know, searching, browsing, searching, and you see a lot of random sites along the way....there's a crucial question you need to ask yourself...Are people going to remember my site? You have to make an impact on people or they wont come back. I dont mean you need to have crazy colours and lurid designs, I love the minimal (hell yeah) but you need to leave an impression on people that will last well after they leave the computer.
I always do a few designs and get friends to navigate through them, test them out you know? Anyway, thats my two cents, hope this helps you, and doesn't piss you off lol :thumbsup:

trask
04-17-2002, 02:52 AM
thanks for the input guys!

yes, i need to make the navgation bar locked to the pixel when switching pages

I hear ya on the impact value (making people remember the site) and making the navigation a bit more interesting, a few thoughts on that though: Its not so much that I want people to remember my site, per say, but more the *content* on the site. I didnt want to webpage to compete with what it was presenting. I will look into your suggestion though.

piss me off? heeall no.. critiques are a great way to pry open the mind.

(cant checkout your site now.. tryin to run out the door.. but i will!)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.