PDA

View Full Version : Compositing passes from Maya in Shake??

loked
04-13-2003, 08:53 PM
Hey,

Ive rendered out 4 different passes from Maya and just cant get them to look right in Shake. The 4 passes are Diffuse, Color, Specular and Shadow. The shadow image is really just a black outline of the face. Does anyone know how I would connect these images in shake to achieve a nice looking final image. Thanks in advance.

loked

Doogie
04-15-2003, 08:10 PM
Looks like ya did some extra rendering. I haven't rendered in layers in awhile so I don't remember for sure how to combine them correctly, id have to play w/ some things.

But this should help ya out a lil. "The Beauty image is produced by the renderer if Render Passes is disabled. You should be able to reproduce this image (although numerical precision can be difficult) by combining diffuse, specular and shadow images" - The Maya Docs

The diffuse layer is a combination of color, transparency, and Diffuse Coeff.

As long as the shadow-pass doesnt cover up the foreground objects you should just be able to either just use an iMult (or just put it on top with an Over). As for your spec, use an iAdd (or just put that on top with an Over, as well).

I've seen a lot of people have to rerender because they didn't understand what they were doing w/ render layers/passes. But it's all trial and error sometimes.

Here's a simulation of what may work. :)

Best of luck!

loked
04-15-2003, 08:42 PM
Hey Doogie,

Thats about the best answer I've got yet. Thanks!!

I'll try out what you recommended.

Later,

loked

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.