hi
i have a scene that i want to make some cloth wolking without
the man inside of them.
the thing is: how do i do this effect that can we see the inner
part of the shirt.
any idia's from you we be graet:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

EvilE
04-13-2003, 09:58 PM
Depends on what apps you have access to . First you need a clean shoot of the location then you need a shoot with someone walking around wearing a blue or green mask and gloves . put the clean footage in the background and key away the head and the gloves . Then you could a) with an 3d package rebuild the missing parts and animate and light them to fit or b) if you have access to an highend compositing suite like flame/inferno or cyborg you could use bicubics and displacment mapping .

I really hope you understood everything cause my english is not the best

EE

storaro
04-13-2003, 10:32 PM
i have 3ds max5 and combustion for compositing
the only thing i asume that will be hard-is the part of the cloth
that i'll have to make in 3d+matching them to the movment of the wolking man:D :D

Chris
04-14-2003, 12:44 AM
Most of that stuff in Hollow man was done in combustion (Paint + Effect back then) - it involved painting the cloth back in, manually. (I think it said it took a good couple of years in post doing that)

Tuqui-tuqui
04-14-2003, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Chris
Most of that stuff in Hollow man was done in combustion (Paint + Effect back then) - it involved painting the cloth back in, manually. (I think it said it took a good couple of years in post doing that)

Which proves, once more, you can't put cool looking effects over good plots :shrug:

seb4d
04-14-2003, 07:58 AM
you could also model the entire cloth model in 3D and animate it directly, but it has to be convincing.
if the cloth looks real then you can animate it with character studio.

....just an idea.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.