PDA

View Full Version : 3D Brush

bwtr
11-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Andrew has just listed an up date for this interesting, wonderfully priced, 3D displacement and painting app .,

http://www.3d-brush.com/

Venkman
11-07-2007, 12:19 AM
Wowzers! A cool, cheap little app that does sculpting and texturing, exports layers to photoshop.

I'm downloading the demo now. Can't beat that price.

Rainroom
11-07-2007, 03:57 AM
looks cool....but they seriously need to add some real good quality images in the gallery. the current images dont really do any justice to the application :eek:.

Rainroom
11-07-2007, 04:03 AM
looks cool....but they seriously need to add some real good quality images in the gallery. the current images dont really do any justice to the application :eek:.

Rainroom
11-07-2007, 04:24 AM
sorry....double post :sad:

bwtr
11-07-2007, 05:57 AM
This is a "One Man" app----see some of the stuff on the threads of some of the users.

This is just the beginning

DDS
11-07-2007, 07:25 AM
wow nice! gallery could be better as someone said :D

sorry....double post

triple post actually :D

FreakWizz
11-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Yes Andrew is excellent at listening to his users...
.lwo and .PNG have recently been added because i asked for them... :)
So it's really good to see such a responsive developer.

It's cheap and has a few features ZB/MB could both borrow, like painting depth/normal/color at the same time etc, And i think the Photoshop link in 3DBrush is better than ZApplink.

Ollarin
11-07-2007, 12:13 PM
Looks sweet. Anyone knows how it performs on high resolution geometry?

JuanManuel
11-07-2007, 06:18 PM
I haven't really tried it with very high-res stuff, but it has a "not so detailed viewport preview" mode so complex geometry and textures don't slow you down.

Ollarin
11-08-2007, 05:24 AM
Hmm...I downloaded the demo and loaded a simple model (About 2000 quads). And it was lagging every stroke i took. Is there some way to tweak performance on it?

I'm on a computer thats got these specs:

Core 2 Duo E4400
XP Home 32 bit
4 GB DDR 2 RAM
Geforce 8800 GTX 768 MB

It looks like a sweet program (A bit like Bodypaint maybe?) without this lag problem, i might actually buy it.

bwtr
11-08-2007, 06:03 AM
I find it very fast. You may like to question Andrew directly on the apps forum site.

uncommongrafx
11-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Hmm,
Something is amiss as the app is quite quick. I'm working on an amd with similar settings. Only 2 gig of ram, though.
Check to see which version you have as he's quite quick about working out the wrinkles. It's worth it and then some. Some unique features implemented with simplicity and elegance. Real nice to not crash if my uvs overlap. (zb is notorious about this.)

That's a pcie card isn't it? It should FLY!

Hmm...I downloaded the demo and loaded a simple model (About 2000 quads). And it was lagging every stroke i took. Is there some way to tweak performance on it?

I'm on a computer thats got these specs:

Core 2 Duo E4400
XP Home 32 bit
4 GB DDR 2 RAM
Geforce 8800 GTX 768 MB

It looks like a sweet program (A bit like Bodypaint maybe?) without this lag problem, i might actually buy it.

Ollarin
11-25-2007, 03:19 PM
Hmm,
Something is amiss as the app is quite quick. I'm working on an amd with similar settings. Only 2 gig of ram, though.
Check to see which version you have as he's quite quick about working out the wrinkles. It's worth it and then some. Some unique features implemented with simplicity and elegance. Real nice to not crash if my uvs overlap. (zb is notorious about this.)

That's a pcie card isn't it? It should FLY!
Indeed. If you''ve got any suggestions on any settings i could check that's maybe causing all this, please enlighten me. I think theres something not working right on this comp (Speed wise)

Nuverian
01-15-2008, 11:24 PM
All I can say is that 3DB worths every single peny in my opinion...And the speed of development, I can see it getting better and better..

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2008, 11:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.