PDA

View Full Version : Ik Handles - IK Blend to 0 causing rotation problem

TLobes
11-06-2007, 10:30 AM
When I create an IK Handle - RPSolver from one joint to another, in my case, from shoulder to wrist, turning the IK Blend to 0 will rotate the effector 180 backwards around y-axis to the shoulder joint casuing my character's arm to go to the other side inside himself. In my character setup, x is down the bone, y is up. The right side of my character, z is back. Left side, z is forward.

My left arm joint, however, is unaffected by this problem. I notice when I click on the Ik Handle, it shows me that little IK icon above the effector (at the wrist where it should be), however, the FK icon is over on the other side of the body where the problemmatically rotates to. My left arm ik Handle is fine, where the IK and FK icons are overlapping each other at the same point on the wrist.

UPDATE - After some work, I found that the special FK controls I'm making are messing up the location of the IK handle's "FK icon" as soon as I try to orient them to the joints. (select control->select joint->orient constraint). It will work if I rotate them 180 degrees in the Y, however, I must keep them like this with a 180 turn for it to work. If I freeze transform, it will not recognize the change. Just as you can orient joints local rotation axis and freeze the transforms, is there a way to do the same for a curve?

I suppose I could duplicate the control curve, delete the shape node, parent the old control to the new dummy node, and 180 that node rahter than the control. Would this be the only option?

Thanks,

shinyprem
11-13-2007, 06:32 AM
Hi..
In my character setup, x is down the bone, y is up. The right side of my character, z is back. Left side, z is forward.

This clearly says that your orientration is not correct. If x is down in left side then x should be up in right side. Hope there are constrains between your joint chains.Try!

Rgds,

CGTalk Moderation
11-13-2007, 06:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.