PDA

View Full Version : combust outputs weird quick time files

Slugger
11-06-2007, 07:17 AM
many wierd things happens, and since yesterday my installation of combustion outputs the weirdest looking "andy warhol" post effect looking quick time files(using mjpg g compression, highest setting, no feilds, and 16:9 PAL, anamorphic, 720*576), this is really annoying and I dont have a clue to what makes this happens, anyone?

*edit, the picture resembles a helicopter and a skyline...

thatoneguy
11-07-2007, 05:38 PM
I think you're outputing pass 1 of a multipass compression codec. You might need to render several times as needed by the codec with the proper settings. Part of the reason why it's advisable to render uncompressed and then use a seperate compressor like cleaner or load it in an empty comp and compress from there.

Slugger
11-08-2007, 07:28 AM
hmm, dont think the MJPG B codec is multipass, havent seen any such options for it now or in the past, point taken with the output to uncompressed frames and then compress to lossy, will try that, did output to uncompressed .avi when the QT renders went bad

but..funny thing is that I just now rendred one of the seq with QT and it worked, using the same settings(MJPG B) and same hardware, computers...

Cheers,

CGTalk Moderation
11-08-2007, 07:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.