PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best way to do this.

BrokenWindow
11-06-2007, 03:43 AM
Im trying to basically make a hand disintegrate/burn away. I have an animated hand model and have positioned particles on it and are whisping away with a wind operator. I am triggering the particles to fly away with a Pomniflect/collision operator as its animating through the hand..not very realistic. I tried messing around with a noisy opacity map in the position object, and having more of a wavy type burn, but can't get it to work correctly. The particles appear on the entire hand right away and not just in the "white" are of the density map. Also, I am using Krakatoa and am wondering if "baking" is the only way to get materials on the particles in this case.

Actuall I would like a quick rundown of the entire process on how u would do it.

Thanks in advance...

grury
11-06-2007, 07:06 AM
If u have access to BoxTools #1, u can use the Birth Texture, to have your particles apearing using a greyscale map. It works nicelly.

MSun
11-07-2007, 06:45 PM
try using a volume select on either vertex or faces, and then use a gradiant to control the selection and make particles spawn off the selected vertecies/faces. that should be enough. and that's the same way i did my disintegration effect

Kameleon
11-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Try using an Age Operator to create some variation after the deflector hits the particles.

BrokenWindow
11-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks guys...I settled for using an animated gradient with volume select. Anybody have experience using Krakatoa with Fume FX? I'm wondering how to still use the Fume velocity sim but with Krakatoa particles and be able to render it with scanline...

Thanks...

Bobo
11-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Thanks guys...I settled for using an animated gradient with volume select. Anybody have experience using Krakatoa with Fume FX? I'm wondering how to still use the Fume velocity sim but with Krakatoa particles and be able to render it with scanline...

Thanks...

Krakatoa is a particle renderer. There is no such thing as "krakatoa particles". You either render in Krakatoa, or in Scanline. You can render elements in both and composite them.

Here is an example of a hand desintegration created by Anatomical Travelogue Inc.
http://www.franticfilms.com/software/support/krakatoa/work_in_progress_gallery.php#Hand_Animation_Test
Of couse, they used a volumetric data set of a real human hand, but you get the idea...

BrokenWindow
11-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Thanks Bobo....Actually, what I was referring to was on the same page that u linked to. On the bottom of the page was a shot with fume fx. I was wondering how u would go about setting that up? Looking at the images...using krakatoa looks very beneficial...considering my sim times with fume fx. I'm also wondering if that kinda shot is fume data, or particle data?

Thanks again...

CGTalk Moderation
11-11-2007, 08:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.