PDA

View Full Version : How (Weight Map in Messiah)?

Majed
04-13-2003, 09:06 AM
Hi Every body.

I'm new in Messiah Animate so i have simple qustion. :rolleyes:

How i can do Weight Map in Messiah. so i can get a better joint like in fingers?.

Thanks.

mg3d
04-14-2003, 06:30 AM
first thing first. Play around as much as you can with the placement of those bones. If you're snagging geometry from other fingers, hop back in your modeling program and separate the fingers more. If you're still not getting the desired deformation, add some small control bones to correct it. OR you can play around with metaEffectors.

there aren't any "actual" weight maps in messiah YET. But messiah bones are very powerfull in controlling what you need.

hope that helps :)

:beer:

-mG

Julez4001
04-25-2003, 01:40 AM
In 3.3, there are weightmaps

Its the meta effectors, it was used so that you can weight without being tied to either lw or maya for weight maps.
the weights are painted by spheres that you pull over teh area you want weights. Though its hardly ever used because messiah bones are so good.

Majed
04-25-2003, 08:08 PM
HELLO ALL.

Thanks mg3d for your responce.

and also to Kricket.

Weight Map can save a lot of time to tweaking deformation.
but Extra bone really can solve my problem thanks.

about meta effectors maybe can solve this problem but for me it's hard to control it...

thanks again.

BTW:sorry for lating in responce.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.