PDA

View Full Version : Resize a mesh that is rigged with a cs biped

Linus
01-08-2002, 01:44 PM
here's the problem:
i have a character that is rigged with a cs biped and already animated. i would now like to resize the hole thing and keep the animation intact. going to figure mode and changing the height value does resize the mesh but only on the z coordinates, so the character lools like a 10 ton weight fell on it. rescaling the mesh alone also doesn't work. there has to be someway to rescale the biped and the mesh at the same time while keeping the animations.
any ideas?

Reality3D
01-08-2002, 04:41 PM
From Character Studio help
---

Lesson 6: Scaling Characters with Physique
Files for this tutorial are in the cstudio\tutorials\tutorial_7 directory under your 3DS MAX directory.

Load Tut_DrX_05.max.

The biped is already in Figure mode. Use Figure mode when you scale a character.

Select the biped.

On the Motion panel, on the Structure rollout, change the height spinner to scale the character.

The biped and mesh scale together.

To reinitialize the scaled mesh

This step is optional. Use these steps if you have to reinitialize for any reason.

Disable physique or drop down in the modifier stack below Physique.

Scale and move the mesh until it matches the biped or bones.

Re-enable or go back to Physique. The mesh will get large because it is doubly scaled.

Reinitialize with Initial Skeleton Pose.(I think that saving the .phy and then reloading it once reinitialized will work)

The mesh will shrink to the size you set during scaling.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.