PDA

View Full Version : Freaking Autodesk!

FreakWizz
11-05-2007, 08:11 AM
So i've downloaded and installed Mudbox 1.07 update from Autodesk.

And now my Wacom Tablet configuration is ignored and no longer works, which makes Mudbox totally unuseable for me. It took Autodesk 1x minor release, and they still couldn't get it right.

Can anyone using an Intuos3 change there Pen for example, right/click, left/click to another option in the Wacom preferences and have it picked up by Mudbox, all my other applications work, and so does Mudbox 1.06, But now Autodesk logo is included and nothing works anymore. Anyone?

oglu
11-05-2007, 02:39 PM
works fine here... wacom intuos....

FreakWizz
11-05-2007, 09:14 PM
works fine here... wacom intuos....

Thankfully, after upgrading to the RC7-Wacom 6.05 driver it works with Mudbox 1.07.
So i guess it's a Wacom/Autodesk issue. The Autodesk site reccomended the latest driver specifically.

Unfortunately all my program preferences including Mudbox were lost during the upgrade of the Wacom driver. So it means days of tedious setup with half a dozen programs that use the expresskeys,touchstrip and pen. Oh Joy!

Thanks for the confirmation.

designingpatrick
11-09-2007, 07:30 AM
as someone who spends all day providing tech support for adobe, I can say that you should reconsider your tone towards the two companies, I spend all day fixing problems for people who can't figure the problem out themselves. I would be very surprised if you had actually spent days setting up your tablets configuration, are you telling me you would rather not have the update or maybe you'd rather use clay and stop motion....

FreakWizz
11-22-2007, 02:09 AM
Dude you are seriously talking to me?
pphhhh why?

designingpatrick
11-23-2007, 09:12 AM
I just think the your tone is a little negative; it's not like there's any better options out there, and you probably aren't a developer so it's not like you are making a contribution to the situation. I just hate to hear people complain about things like this, because everyone goes through it, I go through it, Stahlberg goes through it.

What did you end up doing about your problem anyway? I wonder if there is a way to preserve wacom prefs through a patch? Anyway, sorry to be bringing up any tension. Maybe I'm waisting my time even writing this...

}-{obbes
12-01-2007, 01:30 PM
I can understand his frusteration, even though he's obviously overstating, resetting keybindings should be easy enough if you use such things all the time and thus already have them memorized.
But as i said i understand the frusteration he has. Its not like he just got the tablet and cant figure out how to work it, like the majority of the tech support complaints are about. He had his stuff completely functional and something that was supposed to fix something ended up breaking another thing.

lollygag
12-06-2007, 04:48 PM
*waste.. as in trash

*waist.. as in girth

CGTalk Moderation
12-06-2007, 04:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.