PDA

View Full Version : rigidbody simulation problem..

~mike~
11-05-2007, 03:59 AM
I have few RB simulated objects in my scene, which looks in slow-motion tried increasing the gravity and mass but didn't help, can any one suggest any solution for making it fast ??

Thanks in advance.

caulfield
11-05-2007, 05:22 AM
So you're turning up the gravity magnitude, and it's not having any effect at all?

~mike~
11-05-2007, 06:45 AM
it does effect but when you make playblast it looks slow-motion, the motion is not looking natural.... Rightnow i just baked the simulation and scaled the keys but i think there should be some toher way to do it....

Als
11-05-2007, 09:05 AM
What is the scale simulation and what are you gravity values?
My guess is that you scene scale is probably HUGE, so therefore everything seems too slow.
Check if your scene scale is set to centimeters, inches, meters, or ?

Als

~mike~
11-05-2007, 09:28 AM
scene scale is in cm and scene is not so huge its twice big to grid, gravity is 15 at the moment....

Als
11-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Well, try raising gravity to 98, if that doesn't work then 980.
This is really silly but just trying to make a point.
If you objects are made in scale 1:10 then gravity should be 10 times as much.
I do have to suggest alias rigid body DVD, which explains this in fine detail better then I can.
When I get stuck I always look at it again to see what I might be missing, so it's well worth the money. You can find it here as well:
http://www.kolektiv.com/products.php?PRODUCT_VIEW=Education

Als

Aikiman
11-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Nice plug there Als, ;)

Als
11-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I should start taking percentage! :)
Well, I really don't have any connection with them really, just that's one of the best DVD's I've learned about rigid bodies. (oh, no, another plug...) :eek:
I'll just shut up... :rolleyes:

Als

thomwickes
11-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Also, their particles dvds are 2nd to none...

and at $29.95 plus free international shipping who could argue?!

So come on, what are you waiting for?! Get down to kolektiv.com today while stocks last!

Sorry, just trying my sales techniques. they're great dvds though...

Aikiman
11-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Hyjack Hyjack, yeah I have their particles one and just ordered their rigid bodies one just now lol, Kolektiv dont know how lucky they are :)

CGTalk Moderation
11-06-2007, 05:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.