PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere

Qual
11-03-2007, 07:10 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1194117037/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1194117037)"Somewhere"

The image was realized in Maya, taked me around a week (each day couple of hours) I never made a image like this, and its was really new/fresh to me.
I really enjoy it to make it, and I hope you do as well ;)

C&C are more then welcome!

Arnaud Lublink

Nomad
11-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Nice work, I like the mood :) some kind of islands in space.

Qual
11-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Thnx Nomad! I'm happy you like it ;)

aadams
12-05-2007, 03:09 PM
hi qualize:

I like the drops...can you put more of them?

this is what I think would make your work a better piece.

first off:

aspect ratio....

you have a landscape composition in a squarish image...take a second and render it 2560X1600

thats right...go widescreen.

next:

if the smaller element is farther away: make a conscious decision to what is in focus and what is out of focus.

next...

use secondary elements to guide the eye to where you want the audience's eye to go...

next:

who are using procedural textures...(fractals)

open the hypershade and get personal....spend time "covering" your tracks....make it hard for one to "detect" your recipe....I say this because it looks like a plant...but...the material seems a bit unnatural...

BUT:

you might want that from your work...and that is ok....after all, you made it...and you spent time learning a difficult tool to make your expression...so you might want to say that the piece is resolved...

you decide...either way you are a winner.

Qual
01-06-2008, 07:48 AM
Hello aadams!

First: Happy new year :)!

Second: Thnx for the reply and critics, I'm not super in english but I don't know exactly you mean with "I like the drops"....

Third: You told me this: (If I make it harder to detect my receipe, will it looks better then? )

who are using procedural textures...(fractals)

open the hypershade and get personal....spend time "covering" your tracks....make it hard for one to "detect" your recipe....I say this because it looks like a plant...but...the material seems a bit unnatural...

Thnx for your time ;)

Qualize

CGTalk Moderation
01-06-2008, 07:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.