PDA

View Full Version : How to composite into Alpha Channel?

Ti22
04-12-2003, 05:48 PM
Hi all

if I render a sequence with a black background and render with Alpha channel and I want to composite a video file into the black background what do I do

I am using Maya 4.5
What else do I need?

giz
04-13-2003, 04:27 AM
Why should you composite over black background if you already rendered with black background??

Sorry if I didn't underdastanded you corectly, but if you want to composite render over any background you should render tga sequence with alpha channel.

jbo
04-13-2003, 04:53 AM
you need some compositing software... for example, if you had after effects, you could, as giz said, render out a tga sequence with and alpha channel in maya, then import the sequence and the video you want to use into after effects. AE sould detect that there is an alpha channel and will as you what you want to do with it... choose premultiplied and make sure black is selected. so yeah, get after effects or shake or something. good luck.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.