PDA

View Full Version : anyone use Discreet Cleaner?

Tom N.
04-12-2003, 04:21 PM
I have a movie that I want to compress with Cleaner, I've used Cleaner before and everything worked fine, but now with a different video clip I go to compress it, and it only gives me the first frame of the movie instead of compressing the whole thing... I used Wizard #4 on BOTH movies. one works, the other doesn't. Is there some kind of rule I'm missing? Both movies were done in After Effects using divx codec as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Tom N.

Flywaver
04-13-2003, 03:37 PM
Hmmm...you mean you exported the movie as a DivX and then tried to recompress it with cleaner? If so, I really don't recommend doing this...I export uncompressed from AE/C2 and then make the final compression with cleaner 5.

I always use the advanced settings in cleaner as well, I don't trust the "wizards". :hmm:

Make sure your IN/OUT points aren't automatically set in the advanced settings...other than that you should do uncompressed from AE, cleaner will definitely squeeze lots of juice out of your footage, a lot more than what AE could do. :cool:

Cheers!

Tom N.
04-14-2003, 04:03 AM
hmm i see. Thanks for the reply. If I use AE to export my movie with NO compression, it will be so HUGE! I have the room though so I can try that.

-Tom N.

Flywaver
04-14-2003, 01:24 PM
The uncompressed is just so that you let cleaner do the job...I know some use Premiere/AE to export but it depends on your media and if you want the best compression you really need cleaner.

And by compressing first in AE and then in cleaner you might not get the results you want. Oh! You can export to QuickTime Animation 100% from AE, it compresses very little and you will save space if that's what you want. :)

Cheers!

beaker
04-14-2003, 06:59 PM
PNG compressed quicktime movie is even smaller than Animation compression and it is lossless. Also if your on a windows box HuffYUV is a very nice avi codec(also lossless):
http://math.berkeley.edu/~benrg/huffyuv.html

Not sure which is smaller though. I have to stick with quicktime or sequential files for most of the stuff I do.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.