PDA

View Full Version : Time is running

jankvollmer
11-02-2007, 10:04 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1193994261/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1193994261)i want to show that the world need some changes. we donīt have much time left to regenerate the planet. we all can start with small changes in our surounding!
made with 3ds max 7 - vray - photoshop.
greetings
jan k. vollmer

che
11-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Isn't it supposed to be original work only? (Work you do specifically for the competition). I remember seen this somewhere a couple of months ago. Very nice work thought.

gshupe
11-02-2007, 10:21 PM
wow. this is awesome. i love the macro/micro juxtipositional view of the world. beautiful render. the shadows of the gears on the city below is definitely my favorite move.

Vagab0nd
11-03-2007, 12:12 AM
I would have never thoght to concider the manufacturing energy cost of the 2 bulbs in the overall value, what I mean to say is, if the CF bulb is only more eficent AFTER creation, instead of all together, perhaps there is not a ned for them.
i hope that in the end it al works out for us, we need someone to create an UNDO button for Damage to Mother earth, :)

jankvollmer
11-03-2007, 12:51 AM
i guess there will be never a undo button for us.

if this image is not alowed to be posted in this competition, i want to please the judges not to take this for the challenge. if it is ok with you, i would love to see my image in this competition. thanks and greetings

jankvollmer

salmonmoose
11-03-2007, 01:39 AM
Isn't it supposed to be original work only? (Work you do specifically for the competition). I remember seen this somewhere a couple of months ago. Very nice work thought.

"Entries must be original and must remain unpublished outside of CGSociety prior to the close of the challenge. Any entry deemed by the judges to be identical or substantially similar to any other entry previously entered will be disqualified as a derivate work."

If it's only been shown on our site, then it's still ok - unlike the CGChallenges, we do not require art that is uniquely created for the contest - just work that no one else has right to show.

che
11-03-2007, 03:58 AM
I just wanted to make sure I that understood the rules for this competition. This particular work has been published outside of cgsociety at least once:

http://www.evermotion.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=17293

jankvollmer
11-03-2007, 06:13 PM
all right, just to stop this discution.
i made this image for the cgsociety! after some time i posted the image @ evermotion.
i allso found my image on some japanese sites, where it was posted without my permission.
of course you can allso see the image on my personal website and on the website of the company i work for.

so if it is a problem with the rules of this contest, then please delete the image. if not i would still be happy to see it in the contest.

greetings!
jan k. vollmer

ShootingStarLogBook
11-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Beautiful work, I think you will do great in the contest.

SONIC-X
11-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Great image dude.It is very nicely done.

islaSyr
11-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Super Idea..

I Really Like It...

but I'm with the guys.

_

designanalog
11-15-2007, 12:16 PM
This is a very nice image iīm sure you will get a good position in the competition with this one.Unfortunatly i have already seen this image before. Wouldnīt it be more ecxiting to create something specifically for this challenge...

CGTalk Moderation
11-15-2007, 12:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.