PDA

View Full Version : Terminus

Spyfilms
11-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Its been finished for a couple of months now but I just added it to youtube yesterday.

TERMINUS is an 8 minute short film, produced by Spyfilms and directed by Trevor Cawood. It was Premiered at this years Toronto International Film Festival.

Quicktime Link - http://www.spyfilms.com/trevor_cawood/terminus

Terminus Synopsis

After inadvertently offending a strange entity that accosts him on his way to work, a 1970s businessman quickly finds himself in the midst if a bizarre predicament.
What follows is a rapid descent into madness, a journey both eerie and darkly humorous.
The exact nature of the businessman's tormentor is purposefully ambiguous, lending itself to a variety of interpretations.
Is "Terminus" a surreal critique of human alienation in the modern urban environment? or is the protagonist's struggle an internal one, his mysterious stalker a manifestation of his repressed subconscious mind?
Either way, "Terminus"'s innovative visual effects and distinctively vintage atmosphere make it a highly engrossing experience.

Pufferfish
11-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Now that was one creepy short :)
Really good one. Great mood and style.

mistasam02
11-02-2007, 02:17 AM
That was really twisted and disturbing! :thumbsup: Your compositing was flawless though.. matchmoving as well.. flawless!

Kalin_BG
11-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Oaoo, this is really ... hmmm interesting point if view. I think this represents our dependent life from everything what mankind have made for facility's sake in it life and ... it is little bit confusing. I don't now really what the author is representing, but it is something different, abstract. I like it, yes, and I'm very happy to see short like this. Keep on

Spyfilms
05-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Congrats to Trevor Cawood on his "Best in Festival" win at the yorkton film fest last week.

http://www.yorktonshortfilm.org/

CGTalk Moderation
05-27-2008, 08:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.