PDA

View Full Version : Flash and 3DStudio

marSoul
11-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi
I have designed a template for my client with 3DStudio, they wanted to make it a full flash website, I need to know that if there is any suggestion for me to do that or not ?
If you see the attached file, you can see it has 5 buttons, they want when user roll over these buttons they grow taller, i should do it in 3DStudio, but I'm not sure how should i do that, i have rendered it with Vray.
link for the image (http://www.webforumz.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2207&d=1193867862)
any suggestion ?

CapitanRed
11-03-2007, 01:08 PM
that shouldn't be that hard. all you have to do is render the animation for every button(as cropped as posible arround the button).
I would then render it to mov's.
do you have to do also the flash work? or just the 3dMax part?

anyway, when you have the animations, you can import them into flash and let them play onRollOver.
and onRollOut you could play them backwards to save bits ;)

marSoul
11-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Hi and thnx for your reply,
I should do all the things, 3d and flash
but the main question for me is how to render the animations, should i matte every object around buttons and then render it ? or there is another way to render ? because i want to have the shadows affect all other objects when buttons grow, and as you know it is very important to reduce the size as much as possible for a website, and i think this will be a large size at the end !
thnx again

CapitanRed
11-03-2007, 01:44 PM
yea, i knbow what you mean.
but your shadows are sharp and short. so there won't be many extra pixels around the objects. and as the buttons a in a rotated angle, and you can only render staright squares, the shadow will be inside this square anyways.
i only see a problem in the 4 buttons at the top.but i think it is also manageable.

you can render in two ways.render the animation for all objects at once. then in post, mask every button, and render the mov for every button.(but only the masked area)

and the other way would be to do that directly out of max by rendering every button separately with crop region activated. but this would take you more time.

you can then 'compose' it in flash.
put a still in the lowest layer with the gray puzzles. and then simply add the animations over this layer. there shouldn't be any visible edge ;)

marSoul
11-03-2007, 11:41 PM
Thnx man, im sorry to ask many questions ! but i need to know that if i matte objects around buttons and then render them, will be a good idea ? because if the buttons move their shadows will affect the other puzzles, so it will be good ? or just render them seperately and then crop them ?
thnx again ! :)

CapitanRed
11-04-2007, 01:19 PM
n.p.

You can add a matte/shaddow mat to the other objects. but I don't know if you can save the alpha channel in a mov. and even if you can, will flash be able to read this alpha channel.
so if yes, you can do that.
but I don't think that it would save any bits as alphachannel is an information too ;)

if no you have to save your renders as an image sequence.than you can import these images(png, or whatever has alpha information and flash can read) into flash.
this would work then.
BUT!look how flash imports the images compared to a video. if you take a video, it compresses it to a very low size. not so with the images. it compresses them to a jpg quality, but if it has an alpha channel, it can't do that. you can manually set a jpg compression in the publish settings, but i don't think that it will change alot. and it will lower the quality of the whole swf.

so you save a lot of work and bits if you do it simply by rendering how it is now. and you will still see the shadows on the objects ;)

marSoul
11-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks man for your time and answers, their were very helpful

CGTalk Moderation
11-04-2007, 04:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.