PDA

View Full Version : 2D CHALLENGE anyone?

Hmura
04-11-2002, 02:35 PM
Hi guys, :p
Seeing that the next challenge theme will be on texturing and lighting, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in having a 2D challenge for the next month... (i am aware that they are including a 2D challenge as well) but it would be nice to have one that is just 2D, and to see what all the great artists can come up with.

Im not sure how the Admins and Mods feel about this, but if we get ppl to participate, i guess they will be ok with it...

So what do you guys say??

HMURA

Cgkoko
04-11-2002, 02:52 PM
would love that.But i have a problem with finishing my entries...:o
Thinking of any spesific subject?

Hmura
04-11-2002, 03:09 PM
Well I was thinking maybe doing a interpretation challenge. (this was mentioned as a theme before in the 3D challenge) For example we take a couple of words like " SEXY DEATH " and get ppl to draw something that they see when they read those words... please post your suggestions.

HMURA

puddlefish
04-11-2002, 03:58 PM
sexy death eh? Too much Hellraiser for you! ;)

I'd love a 2D challenge, and would definitely participate.
I think it would be good to keep the theme the same as the 3D artists as much as possible, just to keep things simple.

OZ
04-11-2002, 05:29 PM
Yes!I LIKE IT Hmura! I just join the songotten minicontest! It could be great to have a challenge the same way of the 3d/2d.....more focused on 2d artists,so far more enjoyable!:cool:

DigitalSkorpyon
04-11-2002, 08:29 PM
I agree totally! I saw a couple of the 2d pieces submitted within the 3d pieces of last months challenge and they seemed out of place. By doing an entirely 2d challenge, we'll probably be able to see some awesome work in many different mediums. If you guys get the go ahead, I will diffinitely participate.

-Grant

Franz-dp
04-12-2002, 12:44 AM
very intersting go on

Sangotten
04-12-2002, 04:21 PM
I think that it could do no harm to do a 2D challenge...

There is one ready: "The Metal Gear Solid Challenge".
...I can imagine that not everyone knows or likes Metal Gear Solid, but I think everyone can give it a try...if not you, might consider to make your own or stick with the CG talk Challenge...!

...Give it a try!

cerreto
04-12-2002, 08:55 PM
just wanted to let you guys know i am pushing to get a 2d only challenge here but i think it may get pushed off for amonth until the challenge site is up !

Another idea for a forum id like to get started here is a concept / collabaration challenge forum but i think both of these will need a show of support first from the users they wont put up a collab. forum if there arent enough 2d users doign model sheets so if you want it let us know and it will be easier to get it

Trav

Jec1183
04-13-2002, 10:17 AM
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: I say we force a 2d challenge, it would be great to have one that is just 2d, I can almost bet that the challenge would be greater. With almost everyone starting out in 2d before the move to 3d it should be really interesting.

cerreto
04-13-2002, 11:38 AM
I talked to lil d for all the 2 d artist tonight and we agreed that a seperate forum for 2d would be worth a try do me a favour and bring your friends this month will be a trial run to see if there is enough traffic to have 2d be its own forum keep an eye out havde fun later all

Trav

Kirt
04-13-2002, 01:26 PM
I've been watching the 3D challenge the past couple months (really impressive talents here) and this is my first post on these boards. I'm not much of a 3D artist but I would consider giving a 2D challenge a try.

dim5um
04-13-2002, 04:06 PM
oh i will love to send in my model sheets...lol but of what kind
hope to see the 2d site soon

lildragon
04-13-2002, 04:29 PM
Like Cerreto, said we have talked about it, we know what's going on. So please patience, patience, patience.

cheers

Khar_Negt
04-13-2002, 08:30 PM
Cool guy... hope this will come(both the collaborative and 2d contest forum)
For the metal gear mini contest, sorry, but since I never play this game... I will not give a try :)
(Hmura : uhmm, sexy death? could be cool... and I love your avatar, Pinhead rulez! :))

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.