PDA

View Full Version : how to make pic with pixeleted effects

kylekwan
04-12-2003, 08:52 AM
hi,

I'm looking forward in changing the below picture into a "pixeleted" effects.. just like a picture design to put into nokia handphone where you need to make it into a picture..

I would like to make the picture into a 58px x 256px (72dpi) where you can see those pixelete side on the pic....

i'm hoping to make something like this (image1.jpg) to something like this (image2.jpg) that wont lost much picture information. Is there a way of doing that in photoshop or any kind of software or perhaps any techniques of doing that?

thanks... hope anyone can help me with it...... thanks a lot

image1and2 (http://kylekwan.tripod.com/index4.html)

illustrain
04-13-2003, 04:00 AM
Just play around with the filters in Photoshop.

Stroker
04-13-2003, 04:37 AM
Give source pic a lot of contrast/brightness. Or maybe Desaturate and Levels. Or Desaturate and Posterize 3.
File > Save for Web
GIF
Black & White
Pattern, or you can set the amount of dither with diffusion if you don't posterize

kylekwan
04-13-2003, 05:07 AM
just did it! wow... i'm so happy...! thank you!!!

i'm trying to learn more style or techniques to do that too.. anyone.... pls drop down some of your ideas...

thank you very much...

kylekwan
04-15-2003, 04:59 AM
dear pal,

i have been trying to make image 1 into image 2 with the condition... scale picture 1 into the size of picture 2 and then make the pixelete effect...

i have been trying hard.. but still cant get the hard edge... i can only get edge with different tone.

i would like to save it into a .bmp file...

I have tried to use adjust level and changing image mode.. but still can't get a clear edge... also tried anti-aliasing as well.. but fail to achieve those effects...

of perhaps.. the edge like image 3....

(the image should be converted from a big files perhaps the brand original logo to this size but the image still retain.. how can i convert to something like this... do you think they re-construct the logo again? If you zoom to the edge, you'll get what i meant...)

thanks....

image3 (http://kylekwan.tripod.com/index5.html)

Cocefi
04-18-2003, 07:55 AM
If you want to scale a picture without having it anti-aliased, set the "Resample Image" in the "Image Size" window to "Nearest Neighbor" instead of "Bicubic".

Give it a try. You might need to clean it up a little after scaling though. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.