PDA

View Full Version : The Assassin - Movie Production - Looking for more members!

Bomberman198
04-12-2003, 01:16 AM
Our project has been in production for 6 months now. We are looking for a close release date, of around September 2003. We are about 30% along the way, and we need new members badly.

We are looking for:
Modellers
Animators
2d Artists

Do not apply unless you are serious. We need this to get done. This project has been kept under extreme secrecy.

What will this do for you?
This job is VERY HIGH profile. When the project is completed. You will have a very good mark on your profile. We have some big names collaberating with this project.

We are NOT looking for beginners. We need advanced people that do know what they are doing. The person must be online at least an hour a day. We need you now, and we need you to be serious.

If you are interested, email me ramza@totalimagination.com. Send me a link to some of your work, and tell me what you want to apply for.

Below are some screen shots of some finished renderings. Thank you for your time.
http://www.cgi.third-era.com/~Wave/wip/bob4jpg.jpg
http://www.totalimagination.com/images/office35.jpg
http://www.cgi.third-era.com/~Wave/wip/boss.jpg

MikeRhone
04-12-2003, 02:10 AM
A few questions:

-Is this a paid position?
-How big is your team right now?
-What software are you using, or want to use?
-Do you have an office, or is you entire project done via the internet?

Mike R

Bomberman198
04-12-2003, 02:37 AM
Our project is being done completely through the internet. And our team has shortened to 3 people. Which is why we need a bunch of new recruits. We are using Maya and 3dStudioMax.

McGrath
04-12-2003, 06:11 AM
paid gig??

leigh
04-12-2003, 12:45 PM
You have totally ignored the question regarding whether or not this is a paying job.
There is a stcky thread in this forum that states very explicitely that ALL jobs posted in this forum MUST be paying jobs.
If it is not a paying job, I will move it to the Collab forum.
Please let me know ASAP what the deal is.
Thanks.

Wavesphere
04-12-2003, 04:44 PM
This is not a paying job, please move it the the collaborate team poject forum, we apologize for the misplacement of the post.

This is just another gig except for the fact that Andrew has friends/coworkers in film and they're looking forward to the release, but so far the only people that we've got are people that just plainly don't know what they're doing, the last 3 people we've found either didn't do any work at all and played games all day, or did work and failed to meet our expectations.. by about 300 miles.

So if you feel like you can do something for the project and want to get your name in the credits, please, apply, we're looking at all entries. The release date is pretty far into the year so we wont be in a bind if we get some more people, your workload should be fairly small depending on how many people we have, this should be an easy spare time project plus the potential positive effects on your resume/portfolio.

unLevel
04-12-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Wavesphere
we've found either didn't do any work at all and played games all day, or did work and failed to meet our expectations.. by about 300 miles.

So, they was willing to work for you for free, but you didn't like what yougot, so you got what you paid for?

I know I have no authority to say so, but here's a hint, the best way to get others to work on their project is if the original author starts working on it themself....ie, if you work on it, they will come...there's quite a bit of a difference between working TOGETHER on a project and having people work on a project FOR you...

Just my 2 cents...

Rabid pitbull
04-12-2003, 11:07 PM
agreed..

he wants everything for nothing, not gonna happen.:shame:

Wavesphere
04-12-2003, 11:25 PM
I'm not the one that started the project, I'm helping out in my spare time, we're not asking you to quit your job, at least you could look at it from several different angles and come to a reasonable conclusion instead of labeling it *scam* immediately just because we ask for some people that know what they're doing.

Ramza has some dvd potentials for the animation, which could generate some funds, but this is all dependant on the quality of the movie, therefore if we have a bunch of newbies making it, we get little to nothing back from it, the opposite effect if we get some good artists.

But you're probobly just going to burn us some more so I'll stop trying to defend myself.

Bomberman198
04-12-2003, 11:34 PM
There will be profit gained from the project. Just not immediate payment.

Here are some updated pics.

http://www.cgi.third-era.com/~Wave/Misc/boss.jpg

http://www.cgi.third-era.com/~Wave/Misc/render1.jpg

http://www.cgi.third-era.com/~Wave/Misc/gun.jpg

DigitalCrystal
04-13-2003, 05:30 AM
Hrm.. what a poor state we are in :thumbsdow. Unlevel, you claimed the same thing on my project when I was honestly asking if people wanted to help. I didn't get any, but the project still went on until completion. Sure, there are folks out there willing to scam you, take your work, and use it. But it just seems like you really jumped on these guys. I believe in being careful, but I don't believe in your method.:shrug:

There's my 4 cents, two to pay you back, and 2 of my own.

Anyway:
:lightbulb- The project sounds like something that I could be interested in. I'm a max user, and have some free time.

Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you if I fit the description, I won't lie to you about my abilities.

unLevel
04-13-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Digital_Crystal
Hrm.. what a poor state we are in :thumbsdow. Unlevel, you claimed the same thing on my project when I was honestly asking if people wanted to help. I didn't get any, but the project still went on until completion. Sure, there are folks out there willing to scam you, take your work, and use it. But it just seems like you really jumped on these guys. I believe in being careful, but I don't believe in your method.:shrug:

There's my 4 cents, two to pay you back, and 2 of my own.

I call 'em like I see 'em, whether you believe in my method or not, that's your business...:shrug:

How about this as a $1.00? instead of just 2 cents? Or, can I write you a check?

unLevel
04-13-2003, 02:20 PM
I apologize Bomberman198 if I disagree with the way you go about getting helpers, and I also apologize if that disagreeance has harmed your project in any way, if you wish for me to delete my posts, please ask Kirt or me to do so.

DigitalCrystal
04-13-2003, 06:09 PM
:) I'll take it as you please unLevel. I just wanted to make sure we felt mutual about it. I understand your points.:thumbsup:

unLevel
04-13-2003, 07:01 PM
and I yours'

JIII
04-14-2003, 03:36 AM
hmm very very interesting. I will see if I can find time to help out. and if you need any weapons modeled drop me a line thats my favorite thing to do.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.