PDA

View Full Version : Hello AM Users

proton
04-12-2003, 12:16 AM
Just wanted to say hello....

I decided to buy an Upgrade to AM at NAB.....so I will probably be asking alot of questions seeing as how I haven't touched it since 1995 or 96....

So how many AM users do we have here at cgtalk?

Goon
04-12-2003, 12:19 AM
Sweet. But i thought you were the LW evangelist. Isnt this like having an affair, sleeping with another cg package?

Nonproductive
04-12-2003, 12:20 AM
Allo Proton :)

I think you'll find there are a few of us here that use LW and A:M :)

My Fault
04-12-2003, 01:03 AM
Proton is more then tall enough to have two packages. Oooh, that sounded pretty sick! :p

Welcome aboard Proton! :beer:

Zaryin
04-12-2003, 02:53 AM
Hello, and welcome. If you have any questions I wouldn't ask me. I already got one wrong, haha.

Primus
04-12-2003, 03:29 AM
Hey Proton, man you're everywhere, just caught you on Renderosity (aside from the usual LW CGTalk hang-out).

I've been using A:M for an intensive project, I've gotta say for the cartoony characters with lots of deformation, A:M works great! Welcome to the forum and as Nonproductive says, you're counted as a one of the few A:M-LWers. :bounce:

(At least one of the few that posts on the forum :cool: )

JoeW
04-12-2003, 04:55 AM
Welcome to Hell - LOL!

Glad to see you here! I hope you're planning to plunder ideas from AM and incorporate them into LW.... I'm afraid that after using AM for animation, LW is SO painful to use....

Joe W

Manta
04-12-2003, 06:36 AM
Hi Proton,
another LW-A:M user here :thumbsup:

Be wellcome

proton
04-12-2003, 05:51 PM
Cool to see so many LW users here...that will help when I'm struggling between the differences....I plan to read the manual on the flight back from Vegas on Monday and try and sneak in some time playing with the app in the evenings....

I opened the app up on teh laptop here and felt very lost....so I think I will have to turn off my LW side while learning the app again....I'll check back when I get up and going! Thanx for the warm welcome!

modernhorse
04-13-2003, 07:23 PM
Well I'm a newbie to 3D in general. And I'm also a newbie to LW and A:M. So, i've got lots of questions too!! You wanna talk about being lost?! :eek:

Welcome Proton - you do a great job on the LW side of this site.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.