PDA

View Full Version : tablet pc question....

JamesBrett
10-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Are there any tablet pc's with 1024 levels of sensitivity out there? i cant find any !

Gen-an
10-30-2007, 03:28 PM
edit: oops sory i thought u were after a tablet

ryders
10-30-2007, 04:42 PM
I have one of the hp tablets, works like a champ... ArtRage is probably the best app for the tablets, but painter works pretty damn well too. Best sketchbook EVER.

aaraaf
10-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Most tabletPCs have 512 levels. I've never seen one with more. The Penabled technology (and the newer one that's starting to be used) are both Wacom techs.

You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference in drawings that are created on a Cintiq and a tabletPC though. I use both, and the 2 artists I work closest with can't tell the difference in the drawings that I've done on projects we've all worked on together.

The tabletPC does need to be setup properly for drawing. Vista and TabletXP are built specifically for handwriting recognition, and these features create a lot of lag. I never figured out how to disable them in TabletXP (I installed XP Pro instead) but it's easy to turn off all of the ink capabilities of the pen in Vista and still retain all of the button functionality.

The biggest thing I miss on my tablet is rotation sensitivity. Other than that, there's not a big difference.

JamesBrett
10-30-2007, 04:57 PM
ah good news ! ive never drawn on anything with 512 levels so i wasnt very enthusiastic about the tablet pc's i looked at. looks like i would also be installing xp pro too. i am trying to find a tablet more suited to artists instead of writing and notation so any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

thanks again.:thumbsup:

alec.tron
10-31-2007, 09:36 AM
Yep.
I ve been really interested in a 1024 pressure level tablet pc with decent specs and there s none...
However, the only thing I ve come across that is close to what I m looking for is this one: http://www.axiotron.com/index.php?id=modbook
And I m still waiting for reviews and I m not too shure about loosing the keyboard (from how it looks).
c.

JamesBrett
10-31-2007, 12:38 PM
i saw that modbook on youtube, looks nice n sleek and good for using on the go. price is a bit crazy though !

SirRon
11-01-2007, 03:14 AM
Odd, I've always thought tablet PCs were at 256 levels of pressure. Guess I'll start up on my tablet PC research again, I've been wanting to get one for the past year.

CGTalk Moderation
11-01-2007, 03:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.