PDA

View Full Version : New Animation Showreel - Asa Movshovitz

AsaMovshovitz
10-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Hi,

finished my new 2007 animation reel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXfAvPYNOaA) (youtube)
C&C are welcome,

Cheers,

Asa

ELKHADIRI
10-30-2007, 11:21 AM
good work man! that's great.
Bon courage = Hard luck

AsaMovshovitz
11-02-2007, 11:59 AM
good work man! that's great.
Bon courage = Hard luck

Thanks man... altough I don't understand what " Bon courage = Hard luck" means,
but cheers for that:)

AsaMovshovitz
11-07-2007, 07:37 AM
a still with some of the work

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/637/asamovshovitzworkbw8.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)

Dokee7
11-07-2007, 09:41 AM
Hi Asa,

Great reel, enjoyed the kung fu alien and the little elephant wearing the rubber ring and sunglasses, and i see you're still making that poor cat suffer! :)

Well done mate.

Dean

shalabology
11-07-2007, 05:44 PM
good ! i wish i have some nice reel like that some day! welldone man

AsaMovshovitz
11-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Dean - thanks Mate:) long time since i was at RJDM iboping:), the kung fu alien was an Xbox ad i did, and the little elephant wearing the rubber ring and sunglasses was for red bee media, it was agreat job to work on, an as for the cat...i am a dog person:)

shalabology - Thanks

lucavfx
11-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Hi Asa,

Congrats your reel is really cool: I really like the car/transformer and the spaceNk, really good!
One small critique I would loose the tesco shot at the end perhaps because it doesn't seem to be as refined as the other character animations you have, but it's just my opinion :)

Keep up the good work!

Take care
Luca

PuGs
11-22-2007, 05:57 PM
Hey nice work, I really liked the elephants. I think you showed alot of work. But I would try to cut it down if I were you. Sometimes less is more, keep your best clips. I wasn't a huge fan of the tiger because of the cell shading. Plus the animation is a little blocky. The Queens curtsy should be near the front.

Overall nice work! keep it up

Conkrys
11-23-2007, 06:26 AM
Great Reel! A variety on animation styles which is great! Excellent choice of music too... I love this music. cheers

muslemwazer
11-23-2007, 09:20 AM
What software used for 3d ?

minkey
11-23-2007, 10:09 AM
hahaha good demoreel mate. love the elephants and the flower one where the water hits it and it grows very cool.

AsaMovshovitz
12-04-2007, 10:43 AM
lucavfx - Thanks,yes you are right, the Tesco shot is a little bit strange since it was the only project on my reel which Mopcap was used, and i hope the last one.

PuGs - Thanks, i was trying to show with my reel the variety of projects I worked on, I manily work as a lead, or search for projects with this reel and i think it is good to show all kinds of things. The Tiger shot is from a TV show Called "Boo" here in the U.K, it was a year and a half of my life, so it is still in, not sure about next reel.

muslemwazer- most of it was done in 3dsmax and very little of it in Maya.

minkey- Thanks:), the flower was a very diffrent project for a compnay called SpaceNK, i didn't do the water but i did rig an animated the flower, which was intresting....

CGTalk Moderation
12-04-2007, 10:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.