PDA

View Full Version : DemoReel 2007 (Carles Piles, 3D)

Carles
10-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Hi there,
Just finished my reel 2007 so I would like to share it with you.
http://www.3dluvr.com/carles/DR/reelframes.jpg
Download links:

3DLuVr (currently saturated):
http://www.3dluvr.com/carles/DR2007.htm

Stage6 (nice quality-requires Divx Web plugin):
http://stage6.divx.com/user/CarlesP/video/1797112/Demo-Reel-2007

Youtube (poor quality):
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=76WnPCFRq3Y

Some technical data:
-------------------------------------------
RENDERING:
Shot #1 (Portrait):
Modelled-Textured in Cinema4D/Bodypaint, Rendered with V-Ray for C4D.
Shot #2/3 (Picture room / Vermeer's window):
Modelled-Textured in Cinema4D/Bodypaint, Rendered in 3DsMax+Vray.
Shot #4 (Castle):
Modelled-Textured in Cinema4D/Bodypaint, rendered with C4D default Scanline renderer.
Editor particles blured in post (rain and splashes), lightning real footage mixed on static background.
Shot #5 (Auschwitz gate):
Modelled-Textured in Cinema4D/Bodypaint (barracs model by Josep Tomas), rendered with C4D default scanline renderer+Ambient Occlusion pass, Pyrocluster, Combustion Old film plugin.
Shot #6 (Lizard and Bug):
Modelled-Textured in Cinema4D/Bodypaint, rendered with C4D default scanline renderer+DOF.
Shot #7 (Forgotten Theater):
Modelled-Textured in Cinema4D/Bodypaint, (chairs model from meshrooms.com) rendered with V-Ray for C4D + C4D scanline renderer (volumetric light) + Birds real footage.
Shot #8 (Boats):
Modelled-Textured in Cinema4D/Bodypaint, rendered with C4D default scanline renderer.
Shot #9 (Fauno's Hideaway)
Layered Mattepainting, animated in Cinema4D.
MUSIC:
Midi keyboard, Steinberg Cubase SX 2.0, Edirol Orchestral virtual instrument, Kontakt sampler (male and female voices virtual instruments, Lute virtual instrument), Mini Moog virtual instrument (storm noise).
EDITING:
Sony Vegas 8 demo (clip transitions and music integration)
--------------------------------------------------------

Crits and comments will be apreciated.
Cheers,
Carles

siquier
10-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Great work my friend, amazing 3D stuff and music as well, I hope they plug it in frontpage.

jotomas
10-28-2007, 09:16 PM
My friend ,is a very nice job, especially the mattepainting part.

Looks the cinema aspect and an atmosphere wiht believable.

The music 100% sountrack film :thumbsup:

Good luck.

abonora
10-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Very Nice Senhor Piles! :)
Impressive reel, the music fits perfectly

well done!
I see you have been very busy! ;)

Carles
10-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Hey my friends :)

Come on! that's amazing, I got answers from Juan, Josep and Alessandro, just the same people that meet in my apartment in Milan for cooking and eating "Arrs al forn" couple years ago...
What a nice memories!

Thanks alot for your comments (and memories :)

See you later,
Carles

siquier
10-29-2007, 12:56 AM
What a GREAT days!! (and what a great rice)

http://www.juansiquier.com/fotos/images/arroz_horno.jpg

Carles
10-29-2007, 01:22 AM
Ja, ja, ja... :D Just in the target Juan, that's the dinner.

Well, rice was just the excuse, italian cheese... Lambrusco wine... Moretti beer... singing and playing guitar...

Btw, comments about my music made me very happy... but are you sure that's not only because we're good friends? uh? ;)

Greetings,
Carles

Fox
10-29-2007, 06:01 AM
hehe, long time Carletto :D

Finally you post something :)
its cool to see your images in motion. my favorite is luthe, and cave.
cave looks like shot form pirates :)
awsome textures and lighting.
intro seems to be familar :D
when you did this castle?? i dont remember it :)

its a pitty you cant show this what you did in itally working on movie.

i hope you will be here more offten:)

Cheers

Fox, Marta and El Diablo ;)

p.s. Good luck with ... you know what.

siquier
10-29-2007, 10:05 AM
Ok, it seems that were chating on the 263 balcony...
Btw, comments about my music made me very happy... but are you sure that's not only because we're good friends? uh?
No, no... you did a really good work on the soundtrack and we have to talk about the choirs samples because Id like to check them out.

a t o m o
10-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Great reel Carles! :applause::applause::applause:
Excellent work, as always! :thumbsup:

I learned a lot in Milan with your advice,
thanks for all ;)
I hope to see a day for a pizza :)

Best regards
un abbraccio

pasquale (c4dteam)

ps:
Greetings also to Joseph and Juan ;)

angelmax
10-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Caro Carles,

your works have been inspiring me since many years. I studied on your images and on your 3D scenes and if have learned something about lighting, today, I owe it also to you and to your generosity.

Your demo reel is absolutely astounding, very romantic, I can see how your lighting is definitely improved (if that was possible) going from a painterly / artistic style to a very original photorealistic look. I really like the music, it really adds value to the overall video.

Five stars for me. Congratulations from your sincer admirer.

Ciao,
Massimo.

Ddavis
10-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Great work Carles! So this is what you been up to lately. Front page time:bounce:

Carles
10-29-2007, 06:36 PM
FOX (and family): Hey Wysocki's team, thanks a million. Yeah, I hope "Jack the ripper" will be fine with the scalpel, there is no "undo" button like when working with computers ;)

JUAN: Yeah, I feel the same, looks like we're there right now. Let's talk about human voices instrument by msn.

PASQUALE and MASSIMO: Oh boys, you can't imagine how much I miss Italy. So nice people arround there :) thanks for so kind comments.

DUSTIN: Long time we don't talk each other, uh? :)
Are you still at SEGA?
Yeah, I've finished my job in the film Dragon Hunters in august, so I had some time for personal stuff. I had nice time by working graphics and music (I've played piano sometimes, but didn't composed music since my last demoreel 4 years ago, I needed to do that).

Now the pleasure comes by sharing my stuff with friends and colleagues, thru your comments I feel little bit closer to all of you :)

Regards,
Carles

Ddavis
10-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Yep its been a while, since the early anne frank days.:)
Im out in san francisco up at one of the sega studios having a good time. Congrats on the new demo, looks amazing as usual:thumbsup:

Booyah
10-29-2007, 09:32 PM
great work and i love the musical transitions and composition

MiguelPerez
10-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Good work! And the music fits very well.

Lingolas
10-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Great stuff, you're very talented! :D

SpankTheMonk
10-30-2007, 08:34 AM
like everyone else its great work, I think the weeds/ water grass in the sunset piece are not as strong as your other pieces in the reel, but all in all amazing...

especially since you say you wrote and scored the music? Bravo!

Baldasseroni
10-30-2007, 09:48 AM
What a GREAT days!! (and what a great rice)

http://www.juansiquier.com/fotos/images/arroz_horno.jpg

uhm....i`ve already seen these guys...

Great work Carles!

Ale

kiboSVK
10-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Hi it is amazing demo reel fantastic water nice details and light. Almost like a scary face rock with boy. ABSOLUT job 5*:thumbsup:

jussing
10-30-2007, 10:38 AM
...3Dluvr is going down... can someone make a mirror?

MentalRender
10-30-2007, 11:22 AM
thats really amazing man ,full of inspirations.....well done man :applause:

miguelf
10-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Great stuff Carles...superb textures and lighting...like juan siquier you have been one of my inpiring artist since the beggining...Peninsula Iberia have many talented artist...keep your good work ..congrats

regards

RobertoOrtiz
10-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Great work!

Plugged
-R

HellBoy
10-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Awww I think we're gonna need a mirror :sad:

Looking forward in seeing this :)

Djampa
10-30-2007, 04:09 PM
OMG ! Impressive reel ! Great music too ! :)

:applause:

Top top top topnotch !

Cheers,

lucashug
10-30-2007, 04:28 PM
wow,
good work.
cool to see the image in motion.
see you.
lucas

Carles
10-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Thanks all for so nice comments!
I'm trully glad to see you liked it :) also this is the first time I got critics for my music, so I feel twice proud :)

SpankTheMonk: "especially since you say you wrote and scored the music?"
Yeah, I did. I left the music school when 18 but I was playing keyboards in a band until 25 so it was my profession for some years.
I always loved much more compositing than playing, now I had a good chance to get back my abandoned hobbie :)

Mr. Baldasseroni: Yeah, sounds familiar, uh? ;) Maybe because all of us meet also in that amazing "ristorante argentino" in Milano? :D It was a nice dinner, my friend.
So finally did you move to the states?

Again thanks all.
Regards,
Carles

TP
10-30-2007, 06:02 PM
excllent reel , amazing from all aspects and has a very unique mood with that music in the backround , 5 stars :thumbsup:

inguatu
10-30-2007, 06:09 PM
WOW! Very nice!!! Great work!

ritter
10-30-2007, 06:27 PM
Excellent work !!

ANasir
10-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Very beautiful and inspiring! Really impressive variety.

methodz
10-30-2007, 08:21 PM
this is a very good real amazing works.. i especially like the creativity you had when creating these environments.. very original and very captivating. keep up the great work friend.

e338
10-30-2007, 09:04 PM
hey, damn i'm late, most of the 263 folks already dropped a line ;)
I just saw the thumbnail on the frontpage, but... I confess I wasn't surprised at all to see you there. Hahaha.
i agree with the polish freak (yeah Fox, talkin'about you), it's a shame you can't show what you did for Dear Anne... Anyway, this reel rocks !
Congrats good sir.

Carles
10-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Again thanks alot guys :)

e338: Hey, red carpet here, my french mate is arrived! :)
What about your tattoo? for how long to be finished?
Don't forget to share some fotos when done, ok?

Later,
Carles

e338
10-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Hola!
Well, so far this is how it looks. 15 hours of work (you can't see here but the line goes on the chest and my back). So i guess I'll have to suffer at least 15 more hours. hahaha.
No big deal, I'm already thinking about the other arm.

http://www.e338.com/downloads/e338_tattoo2.jpg (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=121&t=550192)

Cheers Carlito ! And thanks for the red carpet :D but it's your time now so keep it!

e338: Hey, red carpet here, my french mate is arrived! :)
What about your tattoo? for how long to be finished?
Don't forget to share some fotos when done, ok?
Later,
Carles

Carles
10-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Loc:

No bad, I've supposed it even slower. That's "almost done", man :)
It's a nice tatto, can't wait to see the full one (on you. even if your 3D render it's amazing it's not the same as the real thing)
Cheers,
Carles

alfy
10-30-2007, 11:12 PM
Just amazing. I was wondering how the music could fit your reel so well, I can't believe you made that. That's one of the best reels I've seen, I hope it gets you the attention you deserve!

Wayner
10-30-2007, 11:31 PM
remarkable work, fantastic modeling, textures, and sound

you are very talented:thumbsup:

keep up the fantastic work:wise:

b-lame
10-30-2007, 11:32 PM
i think i have seen my share of demoreels in the past few years here, and i think this is the most stunning non-character-centric one i've seen so far. i just loved it.

ODoul
10-31-2007, 01:42 AM
Very nice. I'm a big fan of your works. You were my biggest inspiration while I was learning Cinema 4D and still am.

Wilson-3d
10-31-2007, 02:16 AM
I have enjoyed your work for years and it has been a real inspiration. Great to see more of it.

urban-rebellion
10-31-2007, 02:42 AM
Whoah...I was very impressed watching this, and while watching I was guessing you used 3ds max to model and render all this. To my surprise, you use cinema 4D and even though I know the quality cinema is capable of, I was amazed to see you achieve it. Awsome stuff keep up the excellent work! :thumbsup:

Cheers John

SpaceTik
10-31-2007, 07:13 AM
easily 5 stars man!
well done!

jtvergarav
10-31-2007, 07:38 AM
The attention you put to all the details, the animal's respiration, the fabric smoke, everything

me cago que bonito tu work

Guillermo
10-31-2007, 08:38 AM
Que pedazo de reel!

The music is excellent, it really makes the difference.

Enhorabuena!

Raul-Reznek
10-31-2007, 04:03 PM
Good to see un in here Carles, wish you the best of luck :)

Braetzel
10-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Hi there, your piece of work is completely awesome i must say. I've got no idea 'bout how much time it took you, but still, great work!!! Carry on that way men. Congrats:)

WhiteBlaizer
11-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Excellent Reel, i didn't know your work, and it's really fantastic, very atmospheric!

The music is also very good :)

Congrats

kunwarnikhil
11-02-2007, 10:08 AM
great work,
simply outstanding

onlooker
11-02-2007, 12:41 PM
That was good! Loved the music!

Hound77
11-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Excellent work.

Carles
11-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks a million guys, also special thanks to administrators for the link in frontpage.

I have no words to explain the nice time I had by reading so kind critics, the nice memories with my old colleagues, the hope and energy all of you gave me...
Later on couple months working day and night, I feel that the effort has been worth.

Best wishes to all of you,
Carles

juanjgon
11-08-2007, 12:05 PM
As always really a nice work ... un trabajo excelente :)

Best regards,
Juan J. Gonzalez

NellCG
11-08-2007, 06:01 PM
wow.....
a really nice work :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
11-08-2007, 06:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.