PDA

View Full Version : Outpost - VFX Challenge - 3D Freak

3D Freak
04-11-2003, 04:35 PM
Alright my first VFX Challenge- this one looked like alot of fun so here we go.:bounce: Here is my plate- I took this photo on vacation last year at Red Rock in Colorado. :buttrock: Sorry about the low quality pic -I don't have a web site.

3D Freak
04-11-2003, 04:37 PM
Here is my rough sketch of my colony...........

3D Freak
04-11-2003, 04:50 PM
Click Here (http://www.cgchallenge.com/entries/1703/33_large.jpg):)

Heaven871
04-11-2003, 05:37 PM
Nice textures. The buidlings remind me of the ewoks, don't know why. I like it.
But it will be hard to integrate the 3D in your photo.

Will you let people run around? There are so many walkways.
Waiting to see more.

Dreamwave
04-11-2003, 08:05 PM
wow, nice textures, but it doesn't look integrated in the scene yet :wip:

dark_lotus
04-12-2003, 12:08 AM
Coming along really well! My only comment would be that the perspective of the photo doesn't seem to match the perspective of the 3D.

Have a play around with it, I'd also fix up the bases they look a little unclean.

FBMachine
04-18-2003, 05:29 AM
Looks nice, though you might want to rethink using that Zorg building texture done by Eric Hanson, since it's copyrighted and all. Being a Fifth Element fanboy, I recognized it instantly. ;) I agree with the comment about the perspective not being quite right, but also the lack of shadows is what's making it not look like part of the backround. Keep it up, not much time left. :)
Dan

3D Freak
04-18-2003, 01:47 PM
Yeah right now everything is temporary (including the textures- which are just some that I found on the internet along time ago;) ). I've only spent about 45 minutes on this altogether so far & I've got so much more to do (model the terrain, set up camera mapping, match the perspective, etc.) that it will be hard for me to finish by the deadline- but I'll sure try!!!:wip: But as of now I have a couple of paying jobs to get back to so- thanks everyone for your comments & feedback :beer: 3DF.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.