PDA

View Full Version : Perfect, Kamal Khalil (2D)

Hiun
10-27-2007, 08:41 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/296743/296743_1193517700_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/296743/296743_1193517700_large.jpg)

Title: Perfect
Name: Kamal Khalil
Software: Painter

CGChallenge XXI Entry - Strange Behavior

STORY:

A woman finally found that person she was truly in love with. She saw everything that she wanted in him and loved his heart and soul. It all seemed too good to be true, too far from reality. Not only did the woman feel this way but the man too shared such feelings towards her.

But the woman wanted perfection, and alas the man being only human, at times showed his imperfections. Her desire to have perfection and to accept nothing but what she considered to be ‘perfect love’ rendered the woman unsatisfied with even the slightest inconsistency.

The woman figures if she just had the part of him she really loved, his heart, and got rid of the man, the imperfections, then she would be fully happy and forever satisfied. The man loving her so much wants nothing more than to make her fully happy, and thus willingly gives his heart to the woman to fulfill her desires; to give her perfection.

HIGHLIGHTS:

- The subtle smile on the woman’s face is to depict her innermost happiness, a sense of being triumphant and complete. I wanted to depict her as though in a dream in which everything she has ever wanted has been made possible. I tried to stay away from a smile that would make her appear as though she were being devious.

-The male who is covered in his own blood is depicted as being at peace. He is meant to look relaxed and calm as though he was just sleeping. Because he willingly gave his life so she could be fully happy; the aim is to give a sense of him being complete and triumphant, rather than uncomfortable or in any form of distress. The man is placed lower in the composition, but this is not symbolic of lower importance, but to signify that he places the woman above himself.

-The render I chose for the male is meant to build on the relationship between him and the woman. The woman is more developed and taken beyond the sketch and line art stage. The male retains the sketch qualities and line art to keep him as secondary read to the woman, and to symbolize him as being the foundation to the woman’s happiness; relating to the concept of a good sketch being the foundation to developing a great final product.

-I have the woman touching the man gently and intimately stroking him to show her continued love and affection for him. Her hands are stained with blood to show that she had a hand in the ordeal. Partly being symbolic I chose to stain her hand rather than give the blood fluidity in order to have a sense of forever being there with her, something she will carry with her forever. To have given the blood fluidity would have made it appear too much in the moment and temporary. It also would have added a different mood, one which was less sensitive.

-The textured portion of the fabric was done in the large focal area to keep the interest in that area of intimacy. The folds and design of the fabric in the focal/textured area are done in such a way as to seem organic and flower like. I wanted it to appear less like human made material and assume some of the beauty and irregularity in the design of nature; much like the idea of love itself, unexplained, an experience of emotions rather than reason.

-The textures on the man’s face and on the woman’s arms and neck are used to further unite them and also keep the area interesting to view. The textures are that of the flowers which symbolize their relationship.

The flowers being:

Gloxinia – love at first sight (purple, red,)
Heliotrope – Devotion, Eternal Love (purple)
Forget Me Not – Faithful Love, True Love, Memories (blue)

-The colors of the flowers are also what the palette of the piece is based on; the calm and tranquility of the purple blues and the burning passion of the red. The image is not meant to be sad but expressive and energetic.

CLOSING NOTE:

The choice of render for the piece is meant to be expressive and in itself give meaning to each part of the image. The heart is the most detailed and close to realism among everything else within the image because it is the one thing that remains a reality. Amongst all the unbelievable emotions and dream like experience between the lovers, it is the heart which is the clear sign and proof of how far two people willingly went for love, for what they believed to be perfect love. In view of the fact that your heart doesn’t actually mean your literal human heart, it’s amazing what human beings believe and what belief can make them do.

All/Any Comments welcome!

Samuraikuroi
10-28-2007, 12:17 AM
Hey Kamal Khalil, Beautifully rendered. Exquisite, delicate colours. Fantastic.

colt51
10-28-2007, 12:56 AM
Her smile is right on the mark! The rest falls into place in harmony with your desciption. 5!

Colt

Vinnieart
10-28-2007, 01:49 AM
Truly a powerful piece. Bravo! Great work!

BloodTaster
10-28-2007, 02:36 AM
Hey man, just passing here to give you a 5 stars!:thumbsup:

Frictor
10-28-2007, 03:19 AM
Awesome piece! Beautifully rendered, 5*!

taaeb
10-28-2007, 07:08 AM
great artwork. I like it.

Hiun
10-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Samuraikuroi - Thank you for such kind adjectives :D

Colt - I appreciate you taking the time to observe the details Colt, thank you for the support and vote :thumbsup:

VinnieArt - Thank you so much my friend!

Hiun
10-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Vinicius (BloodTaster) - Hey my friend! Thanks for stopping by to leave me your vote :D Much appreciated!

Frictor - Thank you for the generous comments :)

Taaeb - I am happy you like it! Thank you for the comment.

usernamen
10-28-2007, 02:30 PM
very cool style and amazing colors, 5 stars for sure!

Hiun
10-28-2007, 02:59 PM
(mellowpurple) - Thanks a lot Daniela!

Westwoodman21
10-28-2007, 03:37 PM
I love this piece! Like said above her smile is perfect everything fits perfectly 5*! Keep up the great work!

Hiun
10-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Nick (Westwoodman21) - Thanks a lot Nick, greatly appreciated.

maronski
10-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Great feelings. Great image!
I wish turn back time to join contest.

blazeforever
10-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Khalil. u went to Edna Manley ?

Hiun
10-28-2007, 09:28 PM
maronski - Thanks! I know the feeling

blazeforever - Sorry, no I didn't go to Edna Manley. I went when I was really young though, just for a summer.

blazeforever
10-29-2007, 12:21 AM
aight... boss keep the flag flying high

Hiun
10-29-2007, 03:29 AM
blazeforever - Will do :thumbsup:

kiboSVK
10-29-2007, 09:00 AM
gr8 idea very good artwork 4*:thumbsup: Keep it up

Hiun
10-29-2007, 12:11 PM
kiboSVK - Thank you!

Balaa
10-29-2007, 05:58 PM
Beautiful use of negative space and vivid colors to create a piece that bites at the eye with its severity.

Hiun
10-29-2007, 11:12 PM
Anastasia (Balaa) - Wow, thank you very much for that generous comment :D Happy you like it!

aurucom
10-30-2007, 08:01 AM
super man, very strong idea:thumbsup:

Hiun
10-30-2007, 02:29 PM
Thank you!

Santana
10-31-2007, 10:32 PM
Great work!! Impressive use of color and composition. Your subject is also clever and it's refreshing to see so much thought put into an image.I give you 5*!

My best wishes !!!

Hiun
11-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Yana (Santana) - Thank you for your generous comments, much appreciated.:)

Zocsi
11-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Yeah! This is just Perfect! (:
I really respect your talents. Great idea, great pose, great rendering... everything's great! I like the writing though! Best wishes and keep it up! :thumbsup:

Hiun
11-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Zoltan (Zocsi) - Thank you for the kind and uplifting words, also for your very generous comments! Best wishes to you too.:thumbsup:

curlyhair
11-03-2007, 01:32 PM
So strong and unusual..Creepy and gentle at the same time. Impressing..no - shocking :)

Hiun
11-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Nadia (curlyhair) - Thank you Nadia! :D

Santana
11-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Every time I visit this piece I see it in a different way and get different feelings! I love that!

Hiun
11-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Santana - :thumbsup: Thanks

sgw
12-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Dark, but well excecuted!

Hiun
12-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Dissipation - :thumbsup: Thanks :D Glad you like.

AxelAlonso
03-11-2008, 06:59 AM
:love:I love this piece you did Kamal, it's so great to see the expression of emotion in a beautiful color palette and proportion of harmony in beauty like you did here! Great fan of your concepts and artworks!

:applause:

CGTalk Moderation
03-11-2008, 06:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.