04-11-2003, 03:19 PM
Hi
I am compositing a movie with AE 5.5.
when I render ,for example 10 minutes(avi movie) that the
file size became more than 2GB,windows shows a negative file
size and with right click->properties->details I see a
negative KB/Sec in the Video Format field.I can play it
with windows98 media player but when I right click->properties->Preview
I will have this error : "MMSYSTEM275 Cannot find the specified file.Make sure the path and filename are correct."and I can not sent it to tape with Fast AV Master card.why?
:annoyed:

belly80naz
04-11-2003, 03:35 PM
I don't know why, but it's not too professional to work in windows 98, I suggest you to use win NT, 2000 or XP. However, try to render parts of your composite in avi file, to not have 2 Gb file.

Tuqui-tuqui
04-11-2003, 04:33 PM
You rendered without compression, most probably. I recommend you render using a compressor, I believe the most basic is Cinepak Codec or DiVx...

If you don't want to render again in AE, take it into Premiere and render the 2Gig file there....

Your computer probably can't take such a large file. What belly80naz said is true. If you want to work with high quality files, then you might wanna change into Win2K

Good luck!!!

beaker
04-11-2003, 10:37 PM
If your hard drive is formatted in FAT, then it only supports files up to 2 gig. If it's FAT32 then it only supports up to 4 gig files. NTFS single file size limitation is 1000 GB(I think).

fig
04-12-2003, 01:08 AM
just an observation to add to all this, but 10 minutes seems like a really big file to render out in after effects. it would probably be easier (and more efficient) to do your work in shorter clips in AE and assemble them in premiere or vegas or fcp or whatever.

chris

Tuqui-tuqui
04-12-2003, 04:00 AM
If your hard drive is formatted in FAT, then it only supports files up to 2 gig. If it's FAT32 then it only supports up to 4 gig files. NTFS single file size limitation is 1000 GB(I think).

BTW, if you change from FAT to FAT32, you cannot go back. There are apps that cannot take FAT32, espcially if you run Win 95 or 98... Before you go out and do drastic changes, reconsider switching OS...

Good luck!!!!

farid
04-12-2003, 11:17 AM
Thanks all
I have this problem with Premiere,too.I always use WinXP ,but
in this project I use Win98 or WinME because there is not Fast AV Master driver under XP.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.