PDA

View Full Version : blend parent1

upriser
10-27-2007, 04:28 PM
I am animating an electrical tower come to life. It has fk/ik legs that I want to plant into the ground at points and not follow the root, so I created null groups on top of each foot control and then others under the root, which each foot ctrl was parent constrained to. Pretty simple, with driven key determining which constraint to follow. Well, it wouldn't let me key these things. As soon as I'd key it, it would switch the setting for the entire animation, no matter if it was keyed.

But then suddenly after messing with the controls and keying for a few minutes this new attribute appeared in the channel box for the controls: Blend Parent1. It is keyable, and it works and is there now.

-Is there an easier way to find this Blend Parent1 attribute? Is it built in? I did not create it, but it appeared beneath my own footFollow attribute and it works, and I'd like to know how to skip the other stuff to get at it next time.

Thanks so much.

shinyprem
10-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Hi...
As far as I know Blend Parent Attr is created if you key a constrained node. Its more like a switch between constrain and the key thats set. I dont know more about creating it .

Rgds,

BoostAbuse
10-30-2007, 03:59 PM
the blend* attributes you see are when you key an object that is controlled by constraints. The blend attributes allow you to blend between keyframe animation and the constraint weight. It's a helpful feature for getting smoother transitions into and out of constrained positions (i.e. hand on a table etc).

-s

upriser
11-01-2007, 12:29 AM
Ahh, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks so much.

CGTalk Moderation
11-01-2007, 12:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.