PDA

View Full Version : Character: AI Queen

modeling-man
04-11-2003, 12:15 PM
http://www.subshape.com/ai_queen.jpg

Strictly black and white concept
www.subshape.com/queen_ai.jpg

Hi, so I'm going to be coloring one of my concepts for once. Basically for the sake of my portfolio. However, I'm just hoping I could get some help on cloth. Any tutorials on this would be great. Texturing cloth is much much easier than painting it in 2D as I'm learning:(. I'm gonna make this a WIP thread til its finished..and then I'll link it to the 3D version when i get to that point. It'll be a 10k poly model. That'll basically be for CG shorts and what not in the game I'm currently working on. Anyways, I got links below if you want to see the actual ingame models. So far I got 3 done, links to 2 of them are posted below.;)
The rest of my team will be posting their finished models soon enough:)

P.S. The giant robo arm on her right will be covered like the left one in the model. It is just shown that way for reference when I I go to model it.

Anyways enjoy:)
B

modeling-man
04-17-2003, 11:09 AM
Wow, so many responses...glad I posted this. :p
Anyways, here's the near finished look...not sure on the colors yet I really had to rush the production so I could put this in a time-lapse of sorts showing of my ability to concept, color, etc etc into my demo reel.

Anyways,
I'll post a the final concept with all the bells and whistles soon enough.

B

smoke
04-17-2003, 02:34 PM
Hi

I'll respond :)

I really like the over all design and I think the colors are fine.
I do have a question: are the arms and head connected to the main body or are they floating?

modeling-man
04-17-2003, 05:44 PM
They float. In the other AI designs the idea was the AI's could swtich shells (bodies) on awhim, plus it makes animation a snap:) the game is RTS as well so the polycount is pretty low too.

THanks
B

eMysfit
04-17-2003, 06:16 PM
Looks pretty cool, where can I find out more about the game?

Id like to see more!

modeling-man
04-17-2003, 06:22 PM
Links to some of the in-game character models are at the bottom with my signature.

Our current team site that we update from time to time is at:
We have a public forum on there that we do read. Our private team one though is where most of the good stuff is:)

www.adrenal-studios.com/~Paradigm/index.php

We got a great art team right now, but are always on the lookout for excellent artists, and animators. Kick ass 3D programmers are about the #1 thing we need right now but I think every game studio wants one of them.
B

AndyBa
11-13-2003, 08:08 AM
The posture of your character doesn't suggest that she's a Queen.
Now she looks more like a slave to me.
First I thought that she is staying like this because her arms are
very heavy - but even then the position would be different.

Anyway you said the arms float - so, straighten her up!
Rise the chin, move the shoulders back. :)
Rotate the palms so that they point forward or at least are parallel to her body.

My suggestions are more related to the animation of the final
character but I think it's good to have this feel in the concept as well.

florian
09-20-2004, 02:40 PM
:thumbsup: ...but what happened to her? I loved the concept. Perhaps her arms are a little bit too weird for my taste but besides that she's beautyfull.
If you don't modell her immidiatly...someone else will :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.