PDA

View Full Version : nCloth Constraints

Aikiman
10-26-2007, 04:00 AM
Damn I cant get the slide constraint to work because I dont know what to animate. I tried animating the constraint but that doesnt work and it seems stupid to animate the nCloth translate because that would make the constraint redundant, wouldnt it?

HowardM
10-26-2007, 11:06 AM
I thought it works like any other nConstraint but it is 'loose' and can slide along the surface.... but im sure duncan will chime in with his infinite wisdom soon ;)

Duncan
10-26-2007, 04:34 PM
The slide on surface simply acts as a constraint that allows the surface attachment point to slide... you don't keyframe the slide(if that's what you are thinking of), it is simply a degree of freedom. You could create a second transform constraint on the cloth to pull it in some direction.

If you wish to keyframe a specific moving uv position on the surface, you could instead first create a follicle attached to the surface using the script available here:

http://area.autodesk.com/index.php/blogs_duncan/blog_detail/parent_to_surface_script/

Then parent a transform constraint to this follicle(if you want to affect some cloth cvs). The follicle uv could then be keyframed to define specific motion across the surface( for a zipper, for example ).

Duncan

Aikiman
10-26-2007, 09:53 PM
ahh thankyou Duncan, I see how it works now so effectively it responds to forces ie gravity. Yes I was trying to component select the constraint itself and animate that. Thats great, the follicle idea is a nice touch also.

CGTalk Moderation
10-26-2007, 09:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.