PDA

View Full Version : Latest Vray installation problems. What does this error msg mean?

specialk12
10-26-2007, 02:56 AM
Currently I own 3ds max 9 and I wanted to install a demo version of the newest vray. I went to their website and downloaded version 15000, platform x86 max90, release date sept 23, 2007. My 3ds max is a 32 bit. Should I have downloaded some other version??

It seemd to have installed it without any problems, but when I opened up 3ds max 9 32 bit, There were a bunch of pop up errors that said(I'll give you one of them.)

"DLL <C:\Program Files/Autodesk/3ds max 9/plugins/vrayplugins/vraydomecamera90.dlo> failed to inititialize. Error Code: 126-The specified module could not be found."

specialk12
10-26-2007, 05:33 AM
update:

It seems that I moved all 9 files out from my 3C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 9\plugins\vray directory and put them into my C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 9
root folder. I don't know WHY, but that seemed to work.

Now I don't get those annoying error msgs that I used to get when I started up 3ds max 9.

WHATEVER, as long as it works.

I hope it doesn't bring me more problems along the way

CGTalk Moderation
10-26-2007, 05:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.