PDA

View Full Version : walk cycle

cupojo
10-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Hey all

Just wanted to get some feedback on this walk cycle. I'm feeling like it still needs a bit more offseting but I'm also sure there's more that I'm not seeing.

walk cycle

http://www.jorivers.com/walk.html

kalfred02
10-26-2007, 05:39 AM
Nice zombie? walk you have going there! It's really fun and I like what you have so far. There are a couple of things I would change though. The weight you are creating going up from the torsoe up is looking nice, but to emphasize it a bit more, dont' have him come back up so quickly. Right now it feels like he is coming up and sticking a bit...instead, have him slowly come back up, then go quickly down to make him stomp. You might even drag the head a bit coming up to really feel the wieght.

Secondly, there seem to be harsh pops in the knees. I think you are probably trying to show force in the step, but I think you could tone it down just a bit and still get the same effect.

Last, focusing on the front view. Pay attention to the path of the head. Right now it is making an X pattern. It would be better if you could make that into a figure 8 pattern...because generally..when you are walking your head makes a small figure 8...but since your walk is exaggerated, it will be nice to exaggerate that too!!

cupojo
10-27-2007, 02:39 AM
Hey kent,

thanks for the awesome feedback. Great advice. Really appreciate the fresh eyes and sound and useful tips.

CGTalk Moderation
10-27-2007, 02:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.