PDA

View Full Version : Tossing a cyborg's hope into a rusted well

Cobalt Plasma
04-11-2003, 07:13 AM
holy cow! I've perused CgTalk before but it wasn't up until yesterday that I saw you guys actually have a 2D section! Dang, talk about being oblvious :airguitar

Well I figure I'd say hi, hello, how are you all? And post some artwork, too.

This is a panel from a sequential page for a miniseries comic pitch I'm working on. The premise for this shot is pretty much that an avatar's advisor (the hapless cyborg) has been taken captive, stripped down of any nonessential gear, and thrown into a sorrowful well of rusted metal. At least that's what I'm going for hehe.

http://www.Denjin108.com/conceptwork/well2.jpg

the cyborg was drawn with HB and white pastel pencil, while the background is comprised purely of digital photos layers in photoshop. Nothing crazy, just overlay/color dodge/color burn :)

Dang, I'm still excited to discover this crazy forum! LOL...there's a lot of great skill everywhere, all across the boards.

Thanks for checking this out! :wavey:
-Cobalt Metal

lindavanbruggen
04-11-2003, 09:00 AM
Oh wow
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Very dramatic, love it!
The figure is almost drowning in the red background,maybe if you put a little more brown in the background the figure will come out more, but that's a matter of taste:rolleyes:

Love to see more work!

Regards

Cobalt Plasma
04-14-2003, 08:29 AM
hehe thanks :) man my net connection has been horrible the last few days...ach mein! :)

Hmm hmmm, I think I see what you mean about the brown..something to desaturate/de-emphasize the colorization in the background? I'll give it a try later this week (er, tomorrow or something heheh).

Thanks for replying ^_^
-Cobalt Emphasize

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.