PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Animating tank tread

neo01124
10-25-2007, 11:35 AM
Guys i'm designing this model for a robotics project and i copied a tread element over a spline using a path deform modifier.I want to animate the treads using the percent spinner on path deform modifier panel and i want to kno a way to link the angular rotational speed of the tires to this spinner i.e. the tires should spin in accordance with the changes on the percent spinner or mayb there is another way of doing this.Moreover i also want to make the treads more dynamic i.e. deform according to the surface they are placed on, mayb reactor can b used but i'm really new to this so i have no idea.Please help quickly, i got a really important presentation in a couple of days.Thanks in advance!!

neo01124
10-26-2007, 11:24 AM
17 views and not even 1 reply, whats the matter?? is it that bad??

patfour
10-30-2007, 12:57 PM
I can't speak for everyone else here, but personally I'm at a loss to help you with something like this. I think this forum is primarily for critiques on animation, which isn't in your post; that might be why you're not getting as many replies as you'd like. For technical advice about this sort of thing, you might want to post a question in the Rigging Forum (http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=54). Technically that forum is for character rigging, but you might still get better results there. Good luck, and sorry I couldn't help more!

kasana
10-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Ya dude......I also feel you will get comments in riggin thread

neo01124
10-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Ya probably u guys are right.I'm such a dumb newb i'm posting a rigging question in an animation forum!! Thanks for ur replies

CGTalk Moderation
10-30-2007, 02:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.