PDA

View Full Version : animating graphics along defined shape

BigBurger
10-25-2007, 09:35 AM
hi there!

i'm looking for a solution to make graphics (e.g. an arrow) moving and deforming!!! along a path or graphic.
the moving is no problem but i couln't find a way in ae to make it deform and bending along the path curves automatically.

goal is to make a wind tunnel animation, where arrows move around the shape of a car and deforming so that it fits to the shape...

...i hope i could explain what i want to do and really looking forward for your help. i don't want to do this in another applicatoin like flash or max and i don't want to animat and deform the arrows manually.

I also tried this with particlular but couldn't figure out to get this working.

thanks for any help
simon

Mylenium
10-25-2007, 09:55 AM
I also tried this with particlular but couldn't figure out to get this working.

No point in trying. You may get the position right, but not the orientation (limitation of the plugin). Anyway, what you need is Digital Anarchy's Anarchy Toolbox to get the Path Deformer plugin. Check their website for a demo version. If it's simple enough, you may also get away with using Bezier Warp.

Mylenium

CGTalk Moderation
10-25-2007, 09:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.