PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Style Asteroid Explosion

entrancea
10-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Hey guys,
I was looking at TMNT the other day and I saw this shot of a Beam crashing through some planets and all and I was wondering how to get that effect...I somehow cant seem to get my head around what to do to create those effects.....I am mostly thinking about the planet where the craters glow up when the beam hits it.....Also I was thinking of using a deforming mesh for the beam.....Any help on this would be really appreciable....Thanks and Cheers,

Entrancea

http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tmnter6.jpg

DanHibiki
10-25-2007, 07:57 PM
make a particle system that has few particles heading to the destination with a wind effecting it(make the wind have no strength, and turbulence of 1 and scale of .05 or something), then add a spawn by travel event that creates another set of particles that is the tail.

On the tail add some more of the same wind or a variation and make the shape a facing plane that faces the camera and apply a material with a circular gradient on it.

what you will have then is a streak that looks somewhat electric or like plasma, the rest is fleshed out with other particle effects and volumetric effects, depending on what you want to achieve.

entrancea
10-26-2007, 07:12 AM
Allright,

Thanks Man.....

Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
10-26-2007, 07:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.