PDA

View Full Version : Did somebody tested Advanced skeleton?

Fedron
04-11-2003, 04:25 AM
Did somebody tested Advanced skeleton from Animation Studio Aus?

I'm looking for a "a la " charater studio substitute for MAYA.

mark_wilkins
04-11-2003, 04:33 AM
The author of Advanced Skeleton is now at DreamWorks, on my show, and he's really, really good. Plus, he only charges something like US $25 for a license!!

You may as well just buy a copy and try it out!

-- Mark

Zappa
04-11-2003, 07:01 AM
HeY!Guys,

Where does one get more info on Advanced Skeleton?
Any info on this wud be much appriciated.

Thanks

Zappa

mark_wilkins
04-11-2003, 07:02 AM
http://www.animationstudios.com.au/

-- Mark

GrafOrlok
04-11-2003, 07:54 AM
I've been trying out Advanced skeleton a few times. I used it up until release 1.5 I think. Let me tell you it's NOT a substitute for Character studio though, but if you need a fast working rig, this is a good choice. On the other hand, if you think you get an advanced rig which is fast to use and so versatile it works on every occation, think again. Build your own instead... Trying to tweak and adjust things in the rig are a nightmare. Most of the time I felt that getting it right and working the way I wanted took at least as long as if I was to build the rig myself. I didn't get cloth to work with it either... but that might have been another issue.

But I've learned a lot of rigging from using both Advanced skeleton and Character studio. These days I prefer building my own rigs and I use what I liked from the both. And my animators like it, so my experiences with AS and CS has not been in vain.:applause:

Zappa
04-11-2003, 08:19 AM
Hey!Mark,
Thanks for the link, im surely gonna check it out.

Cheers:beer:

Fedron
04-11-2003, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, i'll by one very soon. Other wise somebody told me there are no footsteps, but if you pull down the millipede script from www.highend3d.com it works great to get you walking.

passwr
04-13-2003, 07:39 AM
CS for Maya

http://tbyf.w15.dns110.com/dxawvf/csformaya.htm

http://211.157.2.130/ut/attach/2003/03/07/772279-a3-embed.gif

stzaske
04-17-2003, 07:16 AM
I've been using Advanced Skeleton for over a year now and love it. It's not the greatest, but for $15 (which is what I paid for it) it is a complete STEAL!

I've recently been able to play around with other rigs, and it has inspired me to learn more about the rigging process, so I expect to be building my own rigs again soon, but Adv. Skeleton does have its place.

Zappa
04-21-2003, 05:23 AM
HeY!stzaske,

I recently saw your avatar in Spike n Mike's sick n twisted festival...which i thought was kool
:buttrock:

Cheers
Zappa

jadamburke
04-21-2003, 06:30 AM
Hertzfeldt's Rejected is the funniest thing I've seen all year:D

Anyway, i've been using adv. skel for the last 6 months on lots of quick and dirty projects and it works out great. Plenty of options including SetDriven Hands with FK control for tweaking, Indepedant pelvis rotation, head orientation, reverse foot setup, as well as fairly decent fk/ik switching on the arms and legs. Tweaking can be difficult if your not a pro rigger but you can get by.

Zappa
04-22-2003, 08:10 AM
HeY!jadamburke,

Yes i loved his stuff....very funny....now i dont feel too bad when my Demo Reel gets rejected :shrug: ........thanks for the heads up on Advanced rig...i defnetly gonna check it out ...as soon as im ready for it..he!he!

Cheers
zappa

*******i am a banana********:airguitar

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.