PDA

View Full Version : FAQ

MarkSnoswell
10-25-2007, 03:20 AM
Why must entrants be members of CGTalk or CGSociety?

We need to be able to contact all entrants -- we have one registration system. This also means that all competition entrants are covered by the same set of Terms and Conditions.

Do I have to submit an image in the 2560 x 1600 size?

Yes.

What if I want to do a different aspect image?

You can fill it out to 2560 x 1600 with black borders.

Why do entrants have to be 18 or older?

Prizes include travel packages that need to be sent to a person 18 years or older. There are also restrictions on minors entering competitions in some countries, so it’s only fair to apply the same age restriction to the whole world.

Are there any work in progress uploads?

No. This is not like a CGChallenge. There are no work in progress requirements. All you have to do is upload your entry before the deadline of Jan 7th 2008.

Can NVIDIA use my art for marketing without asking me?

No. NVIDIA can only use your art as part of gallery, wallpaper or other collections of similar images with your full credits attached. If NVIDIA want to use your work in some other way they will have to contact you directly to get your permission.

Do I still own my entry?

Yes. The copyright to your image is yours. The only uses Ballistic and NVIDIA have right to are those outlined in the rules.

Why must entrants grant Ballistic Media and sponsor (NVIDIA) first right to publish their submitted work in any media?

NVIDIA are the sole sponsors of this competition and have requested this to prevent any unscruplus competitor trying to exploit entrants work. We agree that it would not be fair to let some competitor benefit from NVIDIA’s sponsorship of this competition. This is why we agreed to this restriction in running this competition – it’s fair.

*salmonmoose says:* Try to keep images under 2 megs, compressing them with something other than Photoshop will help, as will using a lower compression setting, there is no need for 100% quality when compressing JPEG files.

erilaz
10-26-2007, 03:45 AM
According to the requirements, does that mean the work can also be abstract?

salmonmoose
10-26-2007, 07:19 AM
According to the requirements, does that mean the work can also be abstract?

"We want to see images that capture the essence of something that could only exist in a virtual world. This embodies the most powerful attraction of digital art – its ability to create truly amazing things that can not exist in the real world."

Yes ;)

LeeGriggs
10-26-2007, 12:57 PM
What if I want to do a different aspect image? You can fill it out to 2560 x 1600 with black borders.

Would a 1600 x 2560 portrait render be acceptable?

cheers,
lee

ChewyPixels
10-26-2007, 02:16 PM
What about using an older model for a totally new composition? I have an unfinished character that I would like to use. My idea is to use a fantasy character in a fantasy world where real-world physics do not apply.

I only ask this as January seems far too close and building a character from scratch (although not a necessity for this competition) would make it that much more difficult.

crazy3dman
10-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Are there any restrictions as far as what digital medium we use? Can it be 3D, 2D, photo manipulation, some combination of those?

Jeggis
10-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Rule 4. says: "Entries must be original and must remain unpublished outside of CGSociety..."

I've already started working on something I would like to submit, and I'm wondering if I'm allowed to show previews of it on other forums for feedback. As I'm not publishing the finished image.

MrWilde
10-26-2007, 09:01 PM

cheers,
lee
I want to know that, too. :)

Jassar
10-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Are there any restrictions as far as what digital medium we use? Can it be 3D, 2D, photo manipulation, some combination of those?

Same question from me :)

HM333
10-27-2007, 06:48 AM
is there are any country limitations?,
you know for the pices shipment or whatever

mr_carl
10-27-2007, 09:55 AM
the 2560 x 1600 size, is that 72 dpi or 300 dpi?

crazy3dman
10-27-2007, 06:03 PM
the 2560 x 1600 size, is that 72 dpi or 300 dpi?

It doesn't make any difference. Pixel size is pixel size no matter what the dpi is.

mr_carl
10-27-2007, 11:04 PM
but it really takes alot more time to render a 300dpi image than an 72dpi,
så a beter quetion maby is
Is it going to be used in print or just desplayed on screens?

JamesMK
10-27-2007, 11:07 PM
It's really, really simple:

Render 2560 x 1600 pixels.

That's it.

DPI has no meaning when you're counting pixels, m'kay?

mr_carl
10-27-2007, 11:32 PM
It's really, really simple:

Render 2560 x 1600 pixels.

That's it.

DPI has no meaning when you're counting pixels, m'kay?

ok no problem, just checking to be safe :blush:

UrbanFuturistic
10-28-2007, 10:47 AM
"Unscruplus"?

madshooter
10-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Do we need to start a thread and post W.I.P images, or just a final image

sadmanstudio
10-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Do we need to start a thread and post W.I.P images, or just a final image
Man, you have to check the rulez! It's not a W.I.P chalange. You only have to post the final image.

salmonmoose
10-29-2007, 01:22 AM

cheers,
lee

No, in this case, you'll need to use the black borders.

2560x1600 was chosen as it's the largest common screen size.

salmonmoose
10-29-2007, 01:27 AM

"Specifically we want to see exciting new images, that are clearly a product of the digital world. However, we don't just want technically excellent renders that are lacking in artistic beauty. The whole point is to create images that are clearly creations of the digital world but retain the artistic beauty and composition of a traditional painting."

Yes it can be - but it needs to be evidently digital.

salmonmoose
10-29-2007, 01:29 AM
Rule 4. says: "Entries must be original and must remain unpublished outside of CGSociety..."

I've already started working on something I would like to submit, and I'm wondering if I'm allowed to show previews of it on other forums for feedback. As I'm not publishing the finished image.

You may display it elsewhere within CGSociety, your portfolio, or the WIP forums for example. But not on other sites.

salmonmoose
10-29-2007, 01:32 AM
What about using an older model for a totally new composition? I have an unfinished character that I would like to use. My idea is to use a fantasy character in a fantasy world where real-world physics do not apply.

I only ask this as January seems far too close and building a character from scratch (although not a necessity for this competition) would make it that much more difficult.

If it's in a new setting, that would be fine.

mimo8
10-29-2007, 10:02 AM
as a mac user it would be interesting if the nvidia quadro cards can also be obtained in the mac version?

vampeta
10-29-2007, 12:26 PM
:bounce: i am in :)

One question... about point Nr. 5 in the Rules...
Individuals may enter multiple times.

Does this mean that i can submit more than one image to the Challenge??
... :shrug: just curious ;)

TwinSnakes
10-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Yes, (1) person can submit (1) or more entries.

Vozzz
10-30-2007, 12:01 PM
is there any country restrictions?

adib
10-30-2007, 04:18 PM
I am in also! Great Challenge!!!The imagination is a strong point on this.

One Question:Can we use a composition soft,or multiple programs not just one?

muchmeck
10-30-2007, 10:37 PM
count me in too

bjorke
10-31-2007, 12:27 AM
...this is coincidental timing, but I'd like to invite all CG artists, whether they participate in "NVArt" or not, to partiipate in NVIDIA's annual development survey. Each year we try to poll the 3D community about what they're doing and what they'd like to do -- we use the information to guide and prioritize our developer education, event, and toolkit efforts. In past years the respondees have been primarily engine programmers and academics -- those are important folks too, but the arts get surprisingly under-represented!

This year we're also expressing our appreciation for people's time by entering the (optional) emails of all respondants into a GiveAway drawing for some GeForce 8800 cards and copies of GPU Gems 3.

Press http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=2dc4331c11781ef239e40760629659a0&s=31337 if you'd like to participate!

Cheers and Thanks Very Much,
Kevin Bjorke
NVIDIA

salmonmoose
10-31-2007, 06:11 AM
:bounce: i am in :)

One question... about point Nr. 5 in the Rules...

Does this mean that i can submit more than one image to the Challenge??
... :shrug: just curious ;)

Yeah submit as many bits of art as you like :)

Nomad
10-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Yeah submit as many bits of art as you like :)

Thats great :thumbsup: I have many ideas :bounce:

I did not seen the answer to a portrait version possibility :shrug: So will it be possible to submit a 1600x2560 image?

I`m a little anxious about my copyrights as the hires uploaded images are fully available to anybody :shrug:
I`ts not like on CGChannel where we upload the hires TIF separately?

Falvius
11-01-2007, 05:51 PM
First of all i would like to thank NVIDIA and CGSociety for this wonderfull challange.
I am new here on this website and this will be the first contest i'll be participating to, and i'm very glad that i can finaly put my CG skills to a test. Luckily i managed to free some time in order to start working on this.

I'm looking forward to compete with all you other CG artists out there :thumbsup:

salmonmoose
11-02-2007, 02:05 AM
Thats great :thumbsup: I have many ideas :bounce:

I did not seen the answer to a portrait version possibility :shrug: So will it be possible to submit a 1600x2560 image?

I`m a little anxious about my copyrights as the hires uploaded images are fully available to anybody :shrug:
I`ts not like on CGChannel where we upload the hires TIF separately?

No, only 2560x1600 if you want to do a portrait version you'll need to black bar it to fit that resolution.

Jeggis
11-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Ok, after trying to submit my image, I got this message:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7442/error1ku5.jpg

So I rechecked my image, and it showed this:

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/5583/error2hg0.jpg

So the size is right, but still my image gets rejected. Why?

salmonmoose
11-03-2007, 04:23 AM
Interesting -

Make sure you use the save for web parts in photoshop - perhaps even convert the image with something other than photoshop - if that still doesn't work, email me, and I'll have a look at it on monday.

Jeggis
11-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Still doesn't work. Check your gmail inbox;).

tomaya
11-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Argl ! the same for me, my pic is 2560*1600 , i've got the same message always !!

Help !

Maidith
11-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Hi there,

my question is, can the competition entry also be a digital painting?

They rules speak about "renders" (However, we don't just want technically excellent renders that are lacking in artistic beauty. The whole point is to create images that are clearly creations of the digital world but retain the artistic beauty and composition of a traditional painting. ), yet mentions "traditional painting".

I'm a little confused since all entries I've seen were 3D renders. But I'd like to make a digital painting.

salmonmoose
11-04-2007, 03:23 AM
If you're having trouble uploading your images, try to make the files smaller;

There are a few steps you can take;

1) Don't compress with Photoshop, even with 'save for web' it doesn't actually do a very good job.

2) Don't submit art at 100% quality, if you win, and we need a print quality version we'll organize that when the time comes.

I think files over 2mb are not uploading at all which is why the system thinks it's smaller than the recommended size (it's getting a file that is 0x0 pixels).

Jeggis - I re-compressed your image in Paint.net and at 95% it came down to 1mb and uploaded without a problem, I'll forward the compressed version back to you.

salmonmoose
11-04-2007, 03:40 AM
Hi there,

my question is, can the competition entry also be a digital painting?

They rules speak about "renders" (However, we don't just want technically excellent renders that are lacking in artistic beauty. The whole point is to create images that are clearly creations of the digital world but retain the artistic beauty and composition of a traditional painting. ), yet mentions "traditional painting".

I'm a little confused since all entries I've seen were 3D renders. But I'd like to make a digital painting.

As long as it is clearly digital yes, you may.

Jeggis
11-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks! It works perfect. This solution should be added to the first post. As many people compress their images with Photoshop.

kutsche
11-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Hello,

this sounds like a very interesting competition, but for the submission i think that those 2560 x 1600 pixels are quite large. Everybody can download that files here in this forum. I really would like to be a part of this, but I like to sell some posters, too.

Is it possible to submit pictures without publishing such a highresfile here in this forum?

Best regards,

salmonmoose
11-08-2007, 12:29 AM
Hello,

this sounds like a very interesting competition, but for the submission i think that those 2560 x 1600 pixels are quite large. Everybody can download that files here in this forum. I really would like to be a part of this, but I like to sell some posters, too.

Is it possible to submit pictures without publishing such a highresfile here in this forum?

Best regards,

Unfortunately not - technically if you're selling posters that counts as being published outside of CGSociety as well.

arLutiK
11-09-2007, 08:22 AM
but it really takes alot more time to render a 300dpi image than an 72dpi,
så a beter quetion maby is
Is it going to be used in print or just desplayed on screens?

well since they ask for image less then 2MB, I doubt it's 72dpi. Hope this answers your question :)

bearfoot
11-09-2007, 10:46 AM
hi everyone

sorry i seem to have submitted the same image twice

please can a mod delete the entries for me as the wrong image anyway !???
thanks a lot
Neil

tonare
11-10-2007, 08:38 AM
Are we allowed to post our image on another site after we enter it here first, for critique?

MrHappy
11-10-2007, 04:46 PM
I was wondering if it is ok to watermark entries to this contest as the high resolution files are easily downloadable? Uploading a watermarked file may put some people's minds at rest, and they could then send in an unwatermarked image on request. Do you think that this would be a good idea?

Thanks in advance

salmonmoose
11-12-2007, 01:11 AM
well since they ask for image less then 2MB, I doubt it's 72dpi. Hope this answers your question :)

I'm going to have to clarify this;

The DPI of the file doesn't matter, this is only used when you bring the document to print, when displaying an image on screen most software doesn't respect DPI at all. The only thing that is important is the actual pixel resolution.

You can try an experiment, save 300x300 pixel image out at 72dpi, 300dpi and 2000dpi and the file size will remain the same ;)

salmonmoose
11-12-2007, 01:12 AM
Are we allowed to post our image on another site after we enter it here first, for critique?

No.

Not until the competition is over.

You are more than welcome to post a link to your entry on other sites, and let people comment on it here however - in fact, please do :)

salmonmoose
11-12-2007, 05:51 AM
I was wondering if it is ok to watermark entries to this contest as the high resolution files are easily downloadable? Uploading a watermarked file may put some people's minds at rest, and they could then send in an unwatermarked image on request. Do you think that this would be a good idea?

Thanks in advance

No :)

I've played with the submission somewhat, we're now only linking to a 1024 px wide version of your art, which I have watermarked on the system.

* this is only for new posts, sorry.

Neox3d
11-16-2007, 08:04 PM
are there any restriction with respect to countries that the entrants can submit from only?

Qual
11-17-2007, 04:56 PM
Hello guys:)

I want to say WOW :D, allot of entrys ^^ (and its only november) I mean so many uploaded images with really nice looking art. Those judges will have hard work to pick a winner from all those entrys :)

I really like the contest, your fantasy is so large now by having a rule like: only exist in a virtual world.
But having a rule like this I see many many submited images wich dosn't represent something or dosn't have a meaning ( I hope my point is clever..my english isn't 100% great) images made without a story behind it. But thats just my though :)

Greetingz,

Qualize

salmonmoose
11-21-2007, 03:42 AM
are there any restriction with respect to countries that the entrants can submit from only?

No. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

loran
11-22-2007, 10:42 AM
why previous entries are deleted??

tonare
11-23-2007, 08:16 AM
Probably a silly question and I'm sorry if I've missed it, but are 1600x2560 instead of 2560x1600

allowed?

Thank you.

Jeggis
11-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Already answered. If you want something 1600x2560 (image aspect=0.625), use black borders on the sides to make a final image in 2560x1600 (image aspect=1.6).

salmonmoose
11-26-2007, 04:24 AM
why previous entries are deleted??

Which entries have been deleted?

Dragonassasin
11-26-2007, 05:01 AM
I cant seem to upload the image it is 2560x 1600 like the reqirements said, what am i doing wrong?? It says it isnt and when i look at the file itself its data states that it is 2560 x 1600 as i told 3dsmax to make it

Jeggis
11-26-2007, 05:42 AM

1) Don't compress with Photoshop, even with 'save for web' it doesn't actually do a very good job.

2) Don't submit art at 100% quality, if you win, and we need a print quality version we'll organize that when the time comes.

I think files over 2mb are not uploading at all which is why the system thinks it's smaller than the recommended size (it's getting a file that is 0x0 pixels).

Courtesy of salmonmoose.

loran
11-26-2007, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by salmonmoose
Which entries have been deleted?

the first posts. where can we see all ther posted entries?

salmonmoose
11-28-2007, 01:43 AM
the first posts. where can we see all ther posted entries?

At the top and bottom of the entries page, you'll see a numbered list of the other pages in the forum. Click on these ;)

morganrtz
11-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Hi, 5th time I try to upload an entry and fail with this message :

"Image is not wide enough (must be at least 2560 pixels)

Image is not tall enough (must be at least 1600 pixels)"

my picture was first 2560x1600 jpeg and then i scaled up to 2600 x 1625 with no more success.

Do you have any clue ?

thank you

Neox3d
11-30-2007, 08:38 PM
hey morganrtz, lower down the size of your image to less than 2 mb. it will ork with 2560*1600 scale resolution

chriSolo
12-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Why the image which I had put on the forum of the competition does not appear any more in the list of all the participants?
Here is the link which proves that I participated in this competition in the first sendings of these. I hope to have a fast answer on it because I understand in no way?!!

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=555842&goto=newpost

Thank you in advance for your answer ChriSolo

Tarazan
12-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Is it permited to post my work in "CGSociety 3d Stills Gallery" before the end of challenge?
Why the image which I had put on the forum of the competition does not appear any more in the list of all the participants?
Here is the link which proves that I participated in this competition in the first sendings of these. I hope to have a fast answer on it because I understand in no way?!!

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=555842&goto=newpost

Thank you in advance for your answer ChriSolo
your image is here:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=229&page=8&sort=title&order=desc&pp=25&daysprune=-1
Make sure you didn't display posts from last month only(scroll down you should find option to show posts from the begining).
Regards

Neox3d
12-04-2007, 12:09 PM
i submitted my image without an error, now my entry thumbnail is visible "the birth of green", but when i click on it, my image doesn't appear only the discription apperas

MITrAndir
12-04-2007, 01:48 PM
I have similar problem with Neox3d, only i submited my entry and it simply doesnt show at all. i mean there is a post but no image. My image is under 2 megs. So what now? I know how anoying doble posts are but i cannot erase my post, at least i dont know how, and it would be somewhat embarasing to do a triple post.

aadams
12-04-2007, 02:23 PM
same here!!! I have more work to send today...

aadams
12-04-2007, 08:11 PM
I still havent been able to upload properly...I double checked my dimensions and my file size...and its a no go....can I get some support please?

Neox3d
12-05-2007, 04:33 AM
xan anyone tell us whats happening, and when shold v upload again to avpoiad, double posts or triple posts?????

aadams
12-05-2007, 05:43 AM
conspiracy theory.this is after I took my work to another computer and tried to upload...thanks cg talk!

bearfoot
12-05-2007, 11:01 AM
same problem for me guys

thumbnail is ok but no main image ?

any answers ?

cheers

aadams
12-05-2007, 12:48 PM
HELLLLLOOOOO.....

can someone administrate please?

I tried to upload my work and I double checked the file size AND the dimensions and its a NO go...

either the system tells me that the image is not small enough or wide enough OR it upload ONLY the thumbnail and doesnt show the full image...can someone help us out???

I am not the only member having this problem.
thanks in advance

PVZQ
12-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Dear ADMINs:

I noticed that problem in many people's posts. So answers to these questions may help many:

1 - MOST IMPORTANT:
if the image is uploaded but not showed in the corresponding thread, is still valid for the NVArt Challenge ?? or do we have to upload it again untill is visible in the post ?
Sometims it doesn't even appear as thumbnail...

2 - The dpi resolution of the image has something to do with this issue?
Because many members reported that they uploaded the images in correct size.

3 - Does the image have to be smaller than 2 MB ?

4 - Someone reported he compressed the image with Corel Painter instead of Photoshop and that made the image visible in the Thread after uploading it. Do we have to compress the image in a specific way (besides 90% of quality) ??

---------------------------------------------------------------
Now, while writing this post I did read this one by Jeggis:

Courtesy of salmonmoose.

Tarazan
12-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Dear ADMINs:

I noticed that problem in many people's posts. So answers to these questions may help many:

1 - MOST IMPORTANT:
if the image is uploaded but not showed in the corresponding thread, is still valid for the NVArt Challenge ?? or do we have to upload it again untill is visible in the post ?

4 - Someone reported he compressed the image with Corel Painter instead of Photoshop and that made the image visible in the Thread after uploading it. Do we have to compress the image in a specific way (besides 90% of quality) ??

---------------------------------------------------------------
Now, while writing this post I did read this one by Jeggis:

Courtesy of salmonmoose.
1-??
2- If you make your image in any 3d software then the DPI thing has no meaning because most 3d software render actual pixel size.But if you use software respect image DPI like photoshop the DPI value should be 72 dpi (monitor resolution)
3- The image should be smaller than 2 MB because the uploading system will not report the correct dimensions of the image and the upload process will fail.
4- ??

Neox3d
12-05-2007, 05:49 PM
hey guys my image was less than 2 mb it wasnt compressed with photoshop i used acdsee instead, my previous images are showing but the new one's arent i think the problem is not in our pics, its in their server may be????

aadams
12-05-2007, 05:57 PM
before the save for web function in photoshop worked for me...

LAV
12-05-2007, 10:20 PM
I think the bug shall be fixed quickly. The pictures were uploaded for sure, on the contrary how the thumb could appear? Just the process of resize (and watermark) fails. So we have just to wait.
(apart this, when I posted an image wrong in size, the system simply asked me to resize and didn't accept the submission). After my last submission (whose show process failed) I had a lot of html error in reloading the page (Firefox).

salmonmoose
12-06-2007, 12:37 AM
I've managed to simultaneously have a broken car, and no access to the internet - forgive the lateness in my replys.

1 - MOST IMPORTANT:

No - if the process fails - we won't have anything to judge against. Make sure you have a thread with the image visible. Try again if you haven't already.

DPI is irrelevant in any pixel based image format. It only matters with vector art.

Yes.

This is probably because Corel's image compressor doesn't add all the extra crap that Photoshop seems to want to add. So long as it's under 2mb it shouldn't matter.

MarkSnoswell
12-06-2007, 06:28 AM
We have run out of disk space on the server -- 15Gb of recent galery images took us by suprise.

We will fix this ASAP -- please bear with us while we get more space availble for gallery images.

MarkSnoswell
12-06-2007, 08:08 AM
We have ordered an immediate expansion of disk storage space on this server -- I hope this kicks in within 24H. We will keep you all posted on progress here.

Neox3d
12-06-2007, 08:35 AM
thanx for updating, so plz do let us as soon as you have the server up and running cuz i think we would have to upload our failed entries again.

LAV
12-06-2007, 01:52 PM
I did imagine a so weird thing. Many thanks for your work, indeed.
Anyway, when the space is activated, I have to resubmit the image, right!?

aadams
12-07-2007, 01:29 AM
thanks mark

Mibus
12-07-2007, 08:40 AM
The new drive is installed and running, with tens of GB free for gallery and NVArt entries to resume being submitted :)

Please check your entries - if you do not have all three sizes (thumbnail, in-thread image, full-size image) them resubmit. (Post in your original thread that you're resubmitting so we know it's safe to cull the original entry).

Thanks for your patience!

bechira
12-07-2007, 08:26 PM
I have a question. Maybe the answer is already within this thread, but I couldn't find it.

It is imperative to use a 3d application (such as maya, max or zbrush) or we can do it with a 2d application (such as painter or photoshop)?
thank you.

Neox3d
12-07-2007, 08:41 PM
yes u can use any software as long as your work remains digital, not necessarly 3d softwares

L33tace
12-07-2007, 11:34 PM
Please check your entries - if you do not have all three sizes (thumbnail, in-thread image, full-size image) them resubmit. (Post in your original thread that you're resubmitting so we know it's safe to cull the original entry).

Just to clarify, the in-thread image size is 680 x 425 and when you click on it, it should open as 2560 x 1600 i.e. full image size? Because when I click on an image to view it, it only shows as 1024 x 640 size.
thanks. :)

bechira
12-08-2007, 09:15 AM
thanks for the reply Neox3d. I have just one more question. The image should have the exact size of 2560x1600, or at least 2560x1600. I mean, can we use another image aspect, or it must be this exact aspect? Some examples: the image is 2560x2560, or 2560x1600 but with black borders to have a vertical composition?

phoenix1
12-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Just to clarify, the in-thread image size is 680 x 425 and when you click on it, it should open as 2560 x 1600 i.e. full image size? Because when I click on an image to view it, it only shows as 1024 x 640 size.

same here... with triple post! accidentally:sad:

thanks for the reply Neox3d. I have just one more question. The image should have the exact size of 2560x1600, or at least 2560x1600. I mean, can we use another image aspect, or it must be this exact aspect? Some examples: the image is 2560x2560, or 2560x1600 but with black borders to have a vertical composition?

only 2560x1600 nothing else... if you want to use deferent aspect ratio, use black border within the originally 2560x1600 res. that's it :)

Mibus
12-10-2007, 04:30 AM
Sorry, you're right, the "large" image is resized as you said :)

morgan
12-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Upload is not working? It doesn't accept my 2560x1600 big image (says not wide enough).

Edited:

Now I've decreased resolution (from 5MB image to 1 MB image) and everything is working, but my image is now not high resoluted.

PVZQ
12-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Upload is not working? It doesn't accept my 2560x1600 big image (says not wide enough).

Edited:

Now I've decreased resolution (from 5MB image to 1 MB image) and everything is working, but my image is now not high resoluted.

Is it smaller than 2 MB in size ?
(it must be, according to previous Admin's post here in this thread)

salmonmoose
12-14-2007, 12:53 AM

Edited:

You should be able to get a decent result if you set your quality between 90-95% in any program other than photoshop.

mahagnosis
12-15-2007, 12:45 PM
Hello,
I have a question here also.

I'm new in this CGsociety, and I'd like to take part in this challenge...
The question is, Why can't I createa new topic?
Is there any restriction?

Mibus
12-16-2007, 11:44 PM
You need to submit your work here:
http://events.cgsociety.org/NVArt/submit.php

LeeGriggs
12-23-2007, 04:07 PM
a few of my submissions seem to have disappeared.

they still appear under my subscribed threads but do not appear in the entry list.

should I worry?

Ahmed-Almuqbali
01-01-2008, 12:59 PM
welcome to all ..

I will participated in challenge ..

Do you want paintings, in the sense Can I design the painting over of the program and then I draw in it by Photoshop ?

For example, designed a ball in 3Ds MAX and I want work flare by Photoshop ????

salmonmoose
01-02-2008, 02:15 AM
a few of my submissions seem to have disappeared.

they still appear under my subscribed threads but do not appear in the entry list.

should I worry?

You posted a while ago - Make sure you've viewing posts for longer than 30 days :)

salmonmoose
01-02-2008, 02:19 AM
welcome to all ..

I will participated in challenge ..

Do you want paintings, in the sense Can I design the painting over of the program and then I draw in it by Photoshop ?

For example, designed a ball in 3Ds MAX and I want work flare by Photoshop ????

So long as the image is digital, yes.

Nomad
01-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Argh :argh: my two submissions made today are not working, only the thumbnail is right, the big image is not working :sad: why? :banghead:

Should I have to resubmit?

My entries:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=229&t=579689
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=229&t=579698

edit:
a third one, still bugged :sad:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=229&t=579700

LanierCreations
01-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Iam trying to upload my image that is 2560x 1600 pixles, but it keeps telling me that my image is to small and wont upload. What do i need to do?

lucio81
01-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Argh :argh: my two submissions made today are not working, only the thumbnail is right, the big image is not working :sad: why? :banghead:

Should I have to resubmit?

My entries:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=229&t=579689
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=229&t=579698

edit:
a third one, still bugged :sad:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=229&t=579700

Same problem for me, I've reached the quadruple post... but no image displayed. What we have to do? Shall we resubmit until we get a correct entry?

johnstrieder
01-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Same here, uploaded twice, first i compressed to 1,5 MB, second try was around 1 MB big. Both Images don't appear in the Thread:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=229&t=579737
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=229&t=579722

Dondemaker
01-05-2008, 01:20 AM
Hi, I'm hoping to present my entry (at present half finished) in time, but unfortunately am snowed under with work. Could you please give an exact deadline? Does "before Jan 7th" mean by midnight Jan 6th or midnight Jan 7th? And also what time zone are you using? Pacific Coast? GMT?
Thanks
Jason

aurora
01-05-2008, 01:51 AM
Ditto on Dondemaker Question. When exatcly is the very last second? My program ran for 38 hours to calc the data, its 20 hr's into the render phase with at least another 10 hr's to go and then theres the comp work, meaning I have a VERY busy weekend and sadly I'm dang near blind as a bat to boot (literally thanks to eye problems)

Dejanv
01-05-2008, 01:54 AM
I’m extremely sorry about the multiple posts regarding “Ballerina – the Last Dance”. This morning at 5am Sydney eastern time, I tried several times to post my work, however it just didn’t update to allow me to realize the work was in fact posted. I tried several times after giving up.

I woke up 6hours later to try again but as soon as I saw the board I was in shock to see the same post several times. I feel horrible, sorry cgtalk.

I think it has also happened to a lot of the other people during the same time.

CLONEOPS
01-05-2008, 02:00 AM
gmt.
Keep a gmt clock on your bookmarks,or an active page.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
The contest ends midnight january 6 gmt time.
The rules say submit before jan 7.
Let's see if we can prod the big boss about those uploading problems.
I suspect it's not really the system that's off.

aurora
01-05-2008, 05:06 AM
5:00pm Sunday for me ehh, well, uhm, thats gonna be interesting! Thanks CLONEOPS and yeah they need to get the uploads fixed.
Question: Why are there a couple stray people that manage to get thier works uploaded but most don't since yesterday? Last time this happened they had to expand the drive space available surely we have not ate all that space up already.

CLONEOPS
01-05-2008, 05:22 AM
no problemo.
I wonder if the images reject on any kind of viral/script attachement.?
i klicked on a couple of images and something tries to download..sorta tries anyway.
I've got about 24 hrs here to get something done..finished.. stop tweaking.
Amazing how much time i didn't end up having.

Vozzz
01-05-2008, 09:25 AM
i keep getting told the image is too small :( even though i made it exactly 2560x1600, i even tried larger sizes, still same error, any help?

johnstrieder
01-05-2008, 09:36 AM
I did three trys more:
One is compressed with PS. Showing Thumbnail but no Picture in the Thread.
Second one is compressed with GIMP. For this the Message appears, the Picture is too small.
Third one compressed with IrfanView. Again, Thumbnail yes, but no Picture in the Thread.
:sad:

Nomad
01-05-2008, 11:12 AM
To cgtalk admins: give us a sign, the deadline is coming fast and I`m afraid to miss it by your technical problem :sad: should we have to repost the bad uploaded images or not? As the thumbnails uploaded well I suppose the image is on your server with just a bug with the half res display, right?

iamawizard
01-05-2008, 04:10 PM
i submitted, the thumbnail appears, no image in thread
i then tried resubmitting, doesnt work

guys the last date is arriving
please respond

ANY ADMINS AROUND?

ivanegues
01-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Cant upload my image. I've tried with several, each jpg, less than 2m, and 2650 x 1600.
Is there anywere esle we could send them?
should I wait or try and try again? (waited for an hour and nothing yet)

Dondemaker
01-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks Cloneops for the time info. Now to see if I can make it in time!!

prima-materia
01-05-2008, 06:03 PM
I have already sent my image many times, but every time with the same result: insufficient resolution in both axis. The image is exactly 2560x1600x24bit RGB jpeg from Photoshop!

HEEEEELLLLLP !!!

chandro
01-05-2008, 06:12 PM
i see the thumbnails but no image, whats the problem?

lightshock
01-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Well I think it is impossible to be a users problem when more than 50 users is going in the same problem, my image is 2560 x 1600 and is a bit more than 1 megabyte, so the only answer to it is that there is a huge problem in the cg society servers.

It is sad because CG Society is for sure one of the bigest place in the world in size and quality and probably is passing for a impressive problem with the servers. The most simple operation in any web application is post text and images and that simple operation is not working.

My question is, the deadline is aproaching, our dudes spent hours, days, weeks, months creating, thinking in his ideas just for ´die on the beach´?

Could I post a image linked from FLickr or from my personal website? Because the upload is not working, and the threads are getting flooded with posts and for sure is not our miss.

Please, any moderators could help us?

nikosX
01-05-2008, 08:00 PM
i have uploaded my submission but all i can see is a thumbnail.. is there anything i can do about it? its smaller than 1 Mb and the exact pixel size.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=229&t=580046

i hope i m in the run for the contest, am i?

prima-materia
01-05-2008, 09:19 PM
I have already sent my image many times, but every time with the same result: insufficient resolution in both axis. The image is exactly 2560x1600x24bit RGB jpeg from Photoshop!

HEEEEELLLLLP !!![/QUOTE]

aurora
01-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Not sure if anybody else has done this but I Emailed Mark about the upload issues. All I know is that I will submit regardless to prove that I did my part. They'll have to figure out how to make it work on there end, just glad its not my problem to fix this week-end.

MarkSnoswell
01-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Hi -- we have the message about upload problems. I have been away on hollidays and have just passed on the message to Mibus to look into. If anyone has a problem uploading due to a technical problem we have the we will have to make arangments to accept uploads immediatly after the problem is fixed.

mark.

aurora
01-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Thank you very much Sir!:beer:

CLONEOPS
01-05-2008, 11:06 PM
You da man.
Thanks Prez.:)

..dammit means i'm going to have to submit something just to see if the system is working.

PerryE
01-06-2008, 01:40 AM
I've tried several times and also get the same error message. I tried one compressed in Photoshop and one in GraphicConverter. Both are below 2 MB and correct resolution. Guess I'll wait it out!
-Perry

Mettle
01-06-2008, 01:53 AM
Still having problems uploading - I get the "Image too small..." error message back from the server no matter what i try.

Hope it is back up soon.

Cheers,
Chris

chandro
01-06-2008, 05:32 AM
ive been uploading my entry but it keep saying
Image is not wide enough (must be at least 2560 pixels)

Image is not tall enough (must be at least 1600 pixels)

i have the right size, tried 1.5 mb to 700kb but it wont upload.

is this part of website error or any software for this?

need help

Iovokitangra
01-06-2008, 06:10 AM
Uploading is almost ok (needed to try many times before it works), thumbnail is showing, but no bigger picture? Some support would be welcome...

alvin-cgi
01-06-2008, 06:43 AM
same upload problem here...:sad:

marcandregray
01-06-2008, 06:46 AM
Seems like many posts have thumbnails but lack the actual full size image once you click on the thread. Is there anything we should be doing diffrently? Hope the issue gets sorted out soon.

Dejanv
01-06-2008, 09:56 AM
I'm not sure if there is a time delay or what the issue is however I can't even get just a thumbnail to appear.

My last piece was of an hour glass with buildings inside and sand. It was titled "Timewarp" however I can't actually see it posted anywhere.

I will try again, to at least show it as a thumbnail. If someone can see the "Timewarp" post (thumbnail) by me, can you please let me know so I can stop attempting to post it. Thanks.

Thanks

thepineman
01-06-2008, 10:14 AM
me too i am having the same issue the image wont appear. i check the file size and image size and it seems ok.

karunakaran
01-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Having problem submitting the image.

Iam getting the message

But my image is exactly the same size.

Seems like today is the last day to post the image, spent a lot of time working on it.

Please admins do something.

ekho
01-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Everyone has problems with the submission system.(mee too) But the fact is... the deadline is almost here... Even if the system will be ok, i think the upload overdose will couse problems (well... maybe :curious: ). So admins please, please, please figure out something! :shrug:

:cheers:

ekho

Nomad
01-06-2008, 11:06 AM
I think a deadline extension must be done, thats not our fault that the server/script crashed :shrug: when the bug is fixed we must have 24h for upload (due to time zones).

WhiteGuardian
01-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Hello. Saturday morning (in my country time,Indonesia). I've submitted my entry with title Elemental Watch. With the size 2560 x 1600 JPEG images and file size about 1,4MB. After that, my entry have show up in the entry list. But when i click to see the entire pages, i find that my picture doesn't come out. Just a cross icon. :sad: What's wrong with my entry? Have i do wrong step? Please tell me if i'm wrong so i can resubmit it sooner.
Here my entry link http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=229&t=579916

Thx a lot for the helps :)

ekho
01-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Khm; read the previous messages... :banghead:

CLONEOPS
01-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Just a note guys i got a rejection notice on 75% compression but none at 96 %.
Still no image other than the thumbnail,but it might take awhile to show up...uhm maybe.
Guys if your thumbnails shows up it obviously means the server had something to process
at its end,what happens to it after is anybody's guess.:)..maybe dobermans eat it.

Mark:
Just a suggestion,would it be possible to submit into the regular image 3d stills forum
and then just tag it as Nvart if nothing else works?
Maybe just move the whole shebang over there under a single thread?:shrug:

nikosX
01-06-2008, 02:39 PM
hi

i still cant upload the full image.

can i post a link to my personal site with the image or doing so will get me disqualified?

ekho
01-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Time is runnig... waiting for some response from the admins... :shrug:

aurora
01-06-2008, 05:18 PM
waiting for some response from the admins...
Mark replied in Post 123

LAV
01-06-2008, 06:15 PM
hi

i still cant upload the full image.

can i post a link to my personal site with the image or doing so will get me disqualified?

Ooooòpss! The rules say the pic cannot be hosted in another site. But I understand that no other site can show the pic (in a forum, in a gallery and so on). I think finding a 'space' where the pic can sleep, invisible and untouched by anybody (somewhere as your PERSONAL web space), that's not a problem. Even if just linked in a NVart submission space you and CGsociety are the unique owners of the work.

... mhhhmmm... I think!

ekho
01-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Mark replied in Post 123

Okay Aurora but don't forget, we got only a few hours left!So we know that the script is broken (or whatever) but as Nomad said; if this error stays we need a deadline extension or something.

phoenix1
01-06-2008, 06:24 PM
why the images don't displayed in the entry ?
------------------------------------------------
for those who can not post there image,...

simply reduce the size of your file by any mean necessary

i have suffered enough to rise up my image ,

- just make sure you crop your image to get rid of any pixel behind your work flow

- double check you image size. 2560 x 1600

- use your ultimate way of compression to get the best look and the small size .

this will work

good luck to us all

cheers

Ahmed-Almuqbali
01-06-2008, 06:26 PM

:sad:

what i do !!???

chandro
01-06-2008, 06:57 PM
just maybe some assurance that all who submit (though their image didnt show up)
still qualified

aurora
01-06-2008, 07:30 PM
My take on this issue is this. Postyour work before the deadline to prove you have it/did it. Doing that proves you meet your side of the challenge contract. Then based on what Mark stated and what can only be fair, we will be given the oppertunity to upload our images again once the issue is resolved. I personally would not try the wait and see game to submit after the deadline. Having said that I'm still working on my last image and will be pushing it to the end since I can only work a couple minutes at a time and then break for a half hour or so.

Rafao
01-06-2008, 07:33 PM
I am having problems entering my work since yesterday.
My image is exactly 2560x1600 size 90% JPG

after 10 time, since yesterday, I am reciving only this message:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS SITE???
HELP!!!

Rafao

oldnick
01-06-2008, 08:06 PM
I Hope this helps

I had the same problem uploading my image:

My file is 2560x1600 - 95% JPG and 1.68 MB
What I got is this error:

What I have done: I opend it with ACDSEE and converted it to JPEG with 90 quality and file size went down to 748 kb. These way I managed to upload it.

veldara
01-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Please extend the deadline for delivery :thumbsup:

LAV
01-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Don't worry.
I think the conduct of the race has been absolutely rational and fair. So why bother? They will find a remedy without doubt.

jarg
01-06-2008, 08:37 PM
I was able to upload my image by following directions posted earlier in the thread. I downloaded paint.net, saved a jpg at 90% and the upload finally worked. The full size image doesn't show but at least it is uploaded.

Not a mac-friendly solution but thank goodness for boot camp!

ekho
01-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Hey Thanx oldnick, that worked!(i tried of course the reduced quality thingie ,but that came with an error before, now i reduced quality more drasticly (under 800K) and it worked!However the big image isn't there, but better than nothing :bounce:

CLONEOPS
01-06-2008, 11:04 PM
I was able to upload my image by following directions posted earlier in the thread. I downloaded paint.net, saved a jpg at 90% and the upload finally worked. The full size image doesn't show but at least it is uploaded.

Not a mac-friendly solution but thank goodness for boot camp!

Great that works thanks guys...at least i have a thumbnail there.:) 787kb 90%.

aurora
01-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Holy Cr@& I had to lower mine down 65% to ~800kb to get it to upload. The thumbnail looks horrid but hey at least I made the deadline.

mathieu-gg
01-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Well I have tried to upload since an half hour and it'snt still working, some issues about my picture size...

Full res here : http://mat.ger.free.fr/cgtalk/nvart/nvart_full_res.jpg

EDIT: It seems to work even if the picture isn't upload the post is submitted, I have deal with picture filesize to get it right.

Mathieu

MarkSnoswell
01-06-2008, 11:48 PM
There will be a 48 hour extension.

It's monday morning here and we are fixing problems people have had attempting to upload entries over the weekend.

Due to these problems we will be extending the close of entries deadline by 48 hours.

As soon as the problems are fixed we will email all entrants advising them to check their entries and that there is a 48 hour extension.

zzzak
01-06-2008, 11:54 PM
...thanks so much!

CLONEOPS
01-06-2008, 11:56 PM
oh god .thank you.i feels like i swalowed a goat....uhmm not sure what that means.

johnstrieder
01-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Thank you very much :-)

WhiteGuardian
01-07-2008, 12:42 AM
Thx MarkSnoswell. So we don't need to repost again? Just wait for the email 48 hours later?

lightshock
01-07-2008, 12:43 AM
There will be a 48 hour extension.

It's monday morning here and we are fixing problems people have had attempting to upload entries over the weekend.

Due to these problems we will be extending the close of entries deadline by 48 hours.

As soon as the problems are fixed we will email all entrants advising them to check their entries and that there is a 48 hour extension.

Thanks Mark for the suport, in my particular case i´ve posted my entries but that problem with the uploading has happened, so I put a direct link from my personal website, I need to re-submit my entrie or I can leave as it was?

It´s my particular case but there are others that used the same way. Let me know please so I will re-submit if is needed.

pedrojafet
01-07-2008, 01:45 AM
Thanks Mark for the suport, in my particular case i´ve posted my entries but that problem with the uploading has happened, so I put a direct link from my personal website, I need to re-submit my entrie or I can leave as it was?

It´s my particular case but there are others that used the same way. Let me know please so I will re-submit if is needed.

Yes, I did the same... Used the "TAG" method in the text, and sent a black image just to validate the post...
Do we need to re-submit the file?
BR,
Pedro Jafet

WhiteGuardian
01-07-2008, 05:48 AM
Wauu. I try to post again this morning for the secondt time. And the result is good. My entry is show up in entry list and my picture is show up in the entire page.
I think every member that have a problem like me have to try repost again.
Wish you luck. :)

sampi
01-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Big Thanks to all of you guys.

Saeed
01-07-2008, 10:57 AM
why can't use portray images (1600x2560) ??

karunakaran
01-07-2008, 11:01 AM
why can't use portray images (1600x2560) ??

May be you can rotate it and submit and just add a note saying rotate anti clockwise or clockwise. I saw it in one of the submitted images in the forum.

pedrojafet
01-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Wauu. I try to post again this morning for the secondt time. And the result is good. My entry is show up in entry list and my picture is show up in the entire page.
I think every member that have a problem like me have to try repost again.
Wish you luck. :)

Well, I tried manny times, and the problem persist...
Do somebody know something about size limits of MB???
My picture has 3.5MB.
BR,
Pedro Jafet

karunakaran
01-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Well, I tried manny times, and the problem persist...
Do somebody know something about size limits of MB???
My picture has 3.5MB.
BR,
Pedro Jafet

I think it uploads if the file size is less than 2 MB or 1.5 MB.

ivanegues
01-07-2008, 12:42 PM
The system is ok now. Thanks!. :thumbsup:

Just one detail, in this post http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=229&t=580922 maybe because of simultaneous uploading an error occur: this is not the corresponding image to the user and his post. The next post with the same image corresponding to “ivanegues” it’s ok.

mahagnosis
01-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Could I upload the same image ? (Um... it isn't exactly the same, but, the uploaded image has some errors, and I'd like to change it and add a little more details)

Mibus
01-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Could I upload the same image ? (Um... it isn't exactly the same, but, the uploaded image has some errors, and I'd like to change it and add a little more details)

Yes; post in the original thread saying that it's been replaced, and link to the new thread :)

this is not the corresponding image to the user and his post.

mahagnosis
01-07-2008, 10:18 PM

johnstrieder
01-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Aaaah, finally i've got my last three Entrys in (thumb and pic in Thread appear) - yeah!
Was it that - or is there something more to do?
What about the wrong uploads (with no pic in thread) - should we make a Reply in them with a Link to the correct Upload - like you said for the other case?

ICD
01-08-2008, 10:08 PM
well, i don`t know how these images will be judged, but personally i see alot of images that look ok but say nothing.
cheers and goodluck to everyone.

LAV
01-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Hi all!
I have a question: how long the contest entries cannot be hosted in personal sites or in other web spaces?
Many thanks
Gianandrea aka LAV

CLONEOPS
01-09-2008, 12:17 AM
well i made it in with 5 minutes to spare.woooohooo!
I would not have made it without the extension,i blew a graphics card slot along the way.
Thanks so much for the extension.!:buttrock: rockin.
.. between the compression and file size issues,then submission rejections it was quite a moshup.

Adam7T7
01-09-2008, 02:50 AM
Thank you very much for extension :)

aurora
01-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Man I thought the deadline ended yesterday so I never finished and submitted my rework. When does it 'really' end?

Nomad
01-09-2008, 06:14 PM
it ends today but i don`t know at which time zone this 9 january ends :D

LAV
01-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Maybe at 00.00 of 10 on Greenwich.
And when the upload machine starts to reject your work I hope... - I've just submitted last version of my inferno :)

PVZQ
01-09-2008, 09:26 PM
It seems the time zone is 0:00 GMT Zone.

Although the machine still accept submissions...

So I really don't know either... Maybe it ended, or maybe in few hours, or maybe untill the machine rejects! :)

I had personal problems, so I only was able to submit some few works, but I couldn't finish what I really wanted.

Good luck for all, and it is a pleasure to participate in this challenge.

CLONEOPS
01-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Wednesday, January 9, 2008 22:25:35 gmt as of right now , so looks like about 1 .5 hours to go.
Unless the clock was reset at the moment the email for the time extension was sent.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

olipoli1
01-10-2008, 02:15 PM
I was wondering about , when the judging will be finished and how will the winners be contacted? Thx

alienpioneer
01-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Hi! It seems to me that the upload sould be closed on 10 January.Well, today is 10 and some users still have upload their work.If the competition is still running i think that it would be just to be aware all of us....

bechira
01-10-2008, 08:46 PM
don't worry. the submission is now closed.

L33tace
01-10-2008, 10:38 PM
The images submitted can be seen as thumbnails here (http://events.cgsociety.org/NVArt/entries.php) , click on a thumbnail to view the thread.

Olipoli1 - from the press room Winners will be announced at the San Jose Art Museum, in the heart of Silicon Valley, 1st February, 2008

MarkSnoswell
01-10-2008, 10:49 PM
The Judging has commenced.

The winners will be announced at a joint press conference with NVIDIA at the San Jose Museum of Contempoary Art on Feb 1st.

The winners will be contacted privately before, but there will be no public announcment untill the press conference.

mark.

eafreak
01-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Is there a way of getting all of these entries in one archive to download?

There are really some great work here and it is inspiring.

Qual
01-11-2008, 10:14 AM
I made 4 entrys and I learn allot and getting me more insperation by looking to other entrys and I want to thnx every 1 who supmited a image and for making such a great contest! :thumbsup:

olipoli1
01-11-2008, 11:08 AM
oh ok thanks

Mettle
01-19-2008, 04:44 AM
Can we post the work we submitted on our own site before February 1st?

Good luck to all - it was fun.

Cheers,
Chris

Gise
01-21-2008, 12:04 AM
how about that? I like to know that also. It does not look like anybody (like site administrators) is paying attention to this thread or am I wrong with that?

Jeggis
01-21-2008, 06:20 AM
We're allowed to link to the entries on other places, but not uploading them directly. But now after the contest has closed I'm no longer sure. But you should start by linking to your entry.

MarkSnoswell
01-21-2008, 08:15 AM
You can post your own entries on your own sites -- no problems.

LAV
01-21-2008, 10:56 PM
You can post your own entries on your own sites -- no problems.

Ok, great! So the property of the hosted image remains of CGSociety and of the author.
Of course we can link the image via our own site to every other webspace. That's right?

Many thanks and congrats, at all.

Fortunatus
01-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Will be there any photos from display for those who can´t get there?

MarkSnoswell
01-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Will be there any photos from display for those who can´t get there?

Yes. :)

Mark.

mosconariz
01-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Mark, why so many people in the finalists are breaking the 6th rule, which says:

Entries must be original and must remain unpublished outside of CGSociety prior to the close of the challenge. Any entry deemed by the judges to be identical or substantially similar to any other entry previously entered will be disqualified as a derivate work.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=581551

check here:

http://cggallery.itsartmag.com/stor...Born-To-Be-Star

and

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=575649 (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=575649)

check here:

http://www.3dvalley.com/interviews/...scherauer.shtml

And... it is also on the maxwell render manual...

This one:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=559863 (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=559863)

here:

http://www.projekt0.net/prints001.html

and in this contest:

http://www.designineurope.eu/

and previously printed in catalogues of: http://www.permanence.de/

http://projekt0.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Jassar
01-28-2008, 09:34 PM
More than 8 images of the finalist set are breaking the rules of this contest, I am thinking... nvidia the forbes company of the year sponsoring with his name and reputation a contest called "nvart" where the judges are breaking their own rules selecting the finalist set of the contest

Did the judges select any finalists already? it's a shame if we see any entries that have broken the rules being selected :)

Jassar
01-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Ok, now I see the list...lol!

MarkSnoswell
01-29-2008, 12:56 AM
Any comments on the judging should be addressed to myself (mark@ballisticmedia.net)
as representative of all the judges.