PDA

View Full Version : Imposibel to bend the joints after creating an IK handel

johs
04-11-2003, 12:54 AM
Hi, I have tried to look for problems like this in the old threads, but I couln't find the solution.

I have made a skeleton, and animated the whole skeleton, except the left arm, for 100 frams. And now I would like to control the arm with an IK (RP) Handel.

The arm is bent in a 90 degres angel, but when I create the IK handel (both with RP and SC IK's) the arm stretches and becomes as a perfect straight line???
When I move the IK handel around, it just changes the direction of the arm, and it's not bendding in the albow at all???

If I create a couple of test joints right next to the skeleton, and tries to ad an IK handel to that, it works fine. But if I try to make an IK in the skeleton, the joints stretches out, and won't bend at all

There are no keys on the left arm, and all the channels are unlocked.
I have never had any geometry skinned to the skeleton, but I do have some geometry parented under the joints, could that be a problem???

I guess it's a simpel problem, but it troubles me a lot at the moment.

johs
04-11-2003, 01:07 AM
Just perfect!!! 2 minuts after I have posted my problem, there comes a guy who has the answer, so now I have made a pointless post here, sorry about that.

It was pretty simpel. The problem was that the prefered angel was set to 0. After I set a new prefered angel at 1 degree, there was no more problem.

now, back to work!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.