PDA

View Full Version : Stop Staring Thread

jason108
10-23-2007, 09:58 PM
I'd like to start a "Stop Staring Thread" that would be a place to help others work through Osipa's setups and concepts.

Thanks
Jason

jason108
10-24-2007, 05:34 AM
i got the eye setup.

wasn't source properly.

thanks

amannin
10-24-2007, 08:07 PM
by "eye setup" are you refering to setting it up with joints?

What I'm trying to do, and can't seem to find in the book, is connect my Eye aim constraints to the box control (simple setup). Have you done this, or know what I'm talking about?

EDIT: found what I was looking for -> the stop staring method of doing this, would be to just use an expression:
eye.rotateY = eyeController.tx*45;
eye.rotateX = eyeController.ty*45;

jason108
11-01-2007, 12:39 AM
glad you found your answer. Sorry I didn't respond.

I was wondering if you know how he rendered his squoosh character?

It's so smooth on the cover yet the poly mesh he gave us is fairly lowRes. Maybe this should be in the render section but I'd like to have a continuous Osipa section for the others using the book.

thanks
Jason

jason108
11-06-2007, 07:20 PM
I have a question.

Has anyone used the HalfOut and HalfIn for 2008?

I doesn't seem to work.

I used Osipa's and tutorial scene and still not working.

I doesn't name the blend right. It adds the sculpMe_ node not the Half node to the blends shape.

Anyone using Half in 2008?

thanks

jason108
11-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Nobodies using Osipa's blend shape set up?

thanks
Jason

JasonOsipa
12-11-2007, 07:36 PM
I was wondering if you know how he rendered his squoosh character?
It's so smooth on the cover yet the poly mesh he gave us is fairly lowRes.

polySmooth

jason108
12-12-2007, 01:04 AM
hey Jason.

I'm having trouble with you halfout/halfin script. Have you tried it in 2008?

I went throw the workflow in the second edition with the tutorial_prep1.ma and it's not working.

thanks
Jason

chickensandbeandip
12-19-2007, 09:32 PM
K this might be a bit out there. I was wondering if there was a way to link a camera to certain objects, so only the visibility of those objects would be in the camera view regardless. Like light linking I suppose. But in a way that the face controls would be out of the way and you can have them in a separate camera view without the worry of other character controls or objects getting in the way.

Is there a way to do this?

Grgeon
12-21-2007, 12:23 AM
Hey Jason,

I skimmed through a co-worker's copy of the 2nd edition and noticed that in the modeling sections, it does not show the same images as my original copy, ie. NURBS for building the mouth, nose, etc... Did you switch that to polys in the 2nd edition? Also, the new little heads on the cover show more realistic texture shaders. Does the 2nd edition go through that as well or no?

Keep up the great work buddy.

-George

CGTalk Moderation
12-21-2007, 12:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.