PDA

View Full Version : Robot

CAtkin
04-11-2002, 04:38 AM
Here's a robot character i did for a hobby sort of game im working on called Helix Core, i'd really appreciate some critique

It's a pretty hefty 5k polys, i've been given the ok on that no. anyway as the game wont be out for quite some time yet

puddlefish
04-11-2002, 06:13 AM
This is nice, I like your textures.
Two crits though: Id' like to see the lower leg maybe a little longer and thicker, but definitely some sort of larger foot, as he has a very stocky build and this would add to a sense of stability.
Secondly, the texture on the face mask could maybe do with being a bit more transparent, or maybe a little bit of (fake) glow?
Hope this helps!

SeanW
04-11-2002, 11:05 AM
I really like the model as well but I just wanted to agree with puddlefish in the lower area, it does seem a bit small. Other then that I dont really have too much to say, great job

CAtkin
04-11-2002, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the feedback - i've adjusted the proportions and i've had a shot at altering the feet to make them larger and more solid looking, thanks again

dtek8
04-11-2002, 08:52 PM
cool robot:)

i agree with the above and also i would like to say that the back would benefit from more shape across the shoulders, and also that hands are the wrong way round maybe this is because he is a robot and they spin but either way it would improve the overall appearance 2 have them the other way..

nice work tho

dtek:)

GRMac13
04-12-2002, 02:09 AM
In Cat's defense, the hands are not backwards, it just looks awkward b/c they are facing palms-out, maybe it would look better if they were turned inwards (90 degrees) so the thumbs were pointing forwards. Overall good design, I'd like to see the changes, post an update. : )

Kenneth J
04-12-2002, 02:14 AM
I agree with GRMac13, other than that its great. :)

CAtkin
04-12-2002, 06:48 AM
Hi all, i made a few changes - longer neck, bigger feet, better proportioned legs etc. tell me what you think

I didnt pose the arms properly mainly because i cant be bothered at the moment lol, when i attach a skeleton it should all work ok, i hope

http://www.godmaker.co.uk/fh/DUSB_Defender2.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.