PDA

View Full Version : MB control rig - question about feet control...

Nurbed
04-10-2003, 10:12 PM
normally one would animate using the ankle IK, but is there a way to switch to animating with the toe IK (ie. so i can pivot on the toe instead)?? i've played with the pinning and fk/ik switches and they don't seem to do much to help. i can't think of another way of doing this. is this even possible?

Jozvex
04-11-2003, 12:28 AM
On both the 3DBuzz and Kaydara forums there are discussions about MB needing better foot controls.

And so Kaydara have said that in version 4.5 there'll be things like foot roll etc for better control.

CurtisG
04-23-2003, 05:20 AM
Hi Nurbed,

You can also re-parent the control rig to give you more control over the toe/foot of you character. Try parenting the ankle effector to the toe effector and then rotating the toe effector.

As far as version 4.5 of Motionbuilder is concerened, there will be an array of enchancements to the character tool. These will be disclosed and announced as soon as we finalize the features for this new version.

Cheers,

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.