PDA

View Full Version : i gonna model a bed , suggestions for the sheets

kaas
04-10-2003, 10:28 PM
hi ,

as the title says i model a bed , i need to model sheets to , how do i need to start? anybody a suggestion ?

Maya Ayanami
04-10-2003, 11:19 PM
why do you want to model sheets why dont you want to just model the big blanket thing.

but If you insist on modeling sheets I sugjest that you use a cloth simulator. if you dont have one I would probably start with a plane a bit above the bed and then divide the serface and form the general shape then keep on dividing and adding more and more detail. this might not be the best aproach since I have only started seriously geting into modeling about a month ago but this is how I would do it if i had to "model" the sheets

kaas
04-10-2003, 11:22 PM
its a better idea to model only the blanket . thanks !

Marcel
04-11-2003, 10:17 AM
I'd use subdivisions to make the object with some simple folds and bumps. It might be smart to UV-map the sheets before you do all the deformations, afterwards it'll be more difficult to get the UV mapping right.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.