PDA

View Full Version : America the Greedy

yellowworm
04-10-2003, 07:08 PM
My deepest thoughts seem to come to me of recent
while I stand behind the TV Station I work for, smoking
my de-filtered ciggarettes.

I hate capitalisme. I hate greed. I hate dishonesty.
I hate the fine print within the homeland security act
benefiting pharmaceutical giant Eli Lilly.

I think our greed any money lust is one of the reasons why
we're targets of such global angst.

"in the west, we think we're the best, and we've shown the
world money's all we care about." -Live.

Some of the colors are blurred out cuz of my extremely weak
digital camera.

http://blackeden.org/ATG_Web.jpg

fourd
04-10-2003, 07:31 PM
Nice picture..

In the west, we are the best. Don't forget it. That's why everyone else runs here for refuge and asylum.

Fricking left-wingers are left behind in the curve again. The democrats cried and whined when Reagan brought an end to the Cold War, and they're crying again now that Saddam's regime is ending.

And while you stand behind the TV station you work for, I bet they line your pockets with cash, or do you work for free?

Fetus23
04-10-2003, 07:49 PM
too much opinion here :).....good image more dollar bills would add to the affect your going for...

cheers to all and down with sadam!! :)

fourd
04-10-2003, 08:26 PM
Hmmm...

What makes me happy? My job, which I get paid to do, my wife whom I get to see everyday, my son and daughter, and that they were not raped, killed, or tortured by the military or a regime, freedom to tell left wingers to **** off, freedom to shop where I want, technology because it makes my super cool computer that I can explore my hobby of 3d on, I can own a car...blah blah blah... I don't have to wait in line for toilet paper or a potatoe, I'm not under threat for my relegion, I can do what I want within the law and my wifes rules :)...

Everything that you say does not bring happiness, brings me plenty of happiness. I'm not greedy or looking out for myself. I got a family who is the first to get what they need/want, and I take the left overs. Happiness is what ever you want it to be. And if being free is not in your defenition of happiness maybe you should go fight for Saddam.

And...If it wasn't for America's freedom and free-speach acts, all the hippy anti-war dorks wouldn't be able to speak out without fear of retribution, and/or death that is common in most third world countries.

Why do I care what you think anyways, you're a frikkin canadian, whom the likes was probably involved with the spitting your foul stench on our young middle-school hockey team going to play your stanky asses.

Kirt
04-10-2003, 09:55 PM
Alright, let's put a stop to this right now. I'm not going to tolerate anyone bashing any country or belief on this forum. This forum is for the discussion of art. If you want to regurgitate your personal opinions publicly find a news forum to do it in.

End of discussion, unless you have something to say about Navel_Lint's image.

Kirt
2D Forum Moderator

fourd
04-10-2003, 10:01 PM
Despite the topic...

The image is very nicely done as I said. I have no critiques.

JFThomas
04-10-2003, 10:09 PM
Well, as an image it's nice. I would like to have seen ALOT more dollars flying around. THe 2 or 3 depicted don't read as greed related. What's with the mouse? Again more of them would have been more unsettling. Even rats with a money motif to them would have supported the theme better. Essentially, did you have the title (or the spirit of) in mund when you painted this or did you paint it and then name it? It looks like the latter. AMerica the greedy. Where is the greed? Who is the person being tortured? WHY are they being tortured and by whom?Is the guy greedy? The image, in MY opinion brings up too many questions and addresses none. No, it shouldn't hand hold the viewer, but going by what I see... I don't "see" America the greedy.

I see "Carl, the downtrodden"

yellowworm
04-10-2003, 10:52 PM
thanks for the feedback StaleCracker.
as far as the title goes, yeah it was title first, then image.

I can see adding more dollar bills...but the 3 in the mouth
and the three floating around were all i wanted.
capitalisme is cheap. at the end of your life you can't take w/
you the accumulation of your greed. i wanted to show that.

the rats (there's actually 6 of them), they represent
the poor and unbloated. but in the end they're the ones who
are free from the shackles of greed.

oh, and who's to say his name isn't Carl? :) lol.

fourd, i didn't paint this with the war in mind. i too was thrilled
to see the joy expresssed in the faces of the Iraqis yesterday,
when our tanks rolled into Baghdad.

typeA
04-10-2003, 10:55 PM
cute..i supose youed rather live in a comunist run world right..becuse wer so ****ing evil..putting our lives on the line time after time in history only to get nothing but greef from unthankfull basterds like your self...open your ****ing eyes..

fourd
04-10-2003, 10:56 PM
Heh, well, that's nice to know. I do like your art work. Very good. But the topic of portraying America as greedy bloated money hungry people is stereotypical, and over-abused. We have a great nation, and it upsets me to the core to see people bash us, when we help so many.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.