PDA

View Full Version : Cave critique

grantimus
04-11-2002, 01:28 AM
Just something I've been working on in my free time. Let me know what you think.

http://www.grantheath.com/art/cave.jpg

Lesen*
04-11-2002, 01:42 AM
This is a very nice image.
You should work on the textures and Displacement maps a bit.
The light that comes from the top could blast alot more.

Try to put some Depth of field...if the water fall is the subject, the
the area near the camera should be blured.

Nice work!!!

Keep it up...

LESEN*

ambassador
04-11-2002, 02:38 AM
great style, the jaged formations of the rocks are very interesting. Great texturing, not overcomplex.

I would strongly suggest you do not add DOF, Its not needed to add depth in this situation. A way to create more depth would be to darken the Rocks which are closest to us, which will help seperate the foreground and BG more.

lossy
04-11-2002, 08:08 AM
Very nice. The only things I could suggest have allready been mentioned.

what software package did you use?

Jhonus
04-11-2002, 09:02 AM
nice. i think the water fall could be made to look more realistic. not sure how though :D

maybe add some motion blur and somethign else

Facial Deluxe
04-11-2002, 08:30 PM
Beautiful, I love the ambient and the very personnal design of the rocks, and also the lighting.

grantimus
04-12-2002, 04:03 AM
Thanks for your feedback, and I appreicate your suggestions.

As for adding DOF I tried that early on in the project and didn't like the look. But I do agree with ambassador I think darkening the foreground rocks would have helped.

To answere Lossy's question about wich software I used, I used Max, a plugin for Max called afterburn for the waterfall, and (of course) photoshop. I used photoshop for painting the concept artwork. I modeled everything in max, and I used max to render several out several different passed wich I composited together in photoshop. And plus I used photoshop to do a little bit of post work like adding a slight specular glow and a slight glow where the cliffs meet the sky. Well there you if you have more specific questions just email me.

And once again thanks for all your feedback.

toce
04-12-2002, 08:30 PM
nice work, very expressive and stylised

AfterLovingYou
04-12-2002, 09:48 PM
Hey, nice work. you really have a smart mind for it

I have learn more about it!

thank you

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.