PDA

View Full Version : New rigging reel!

Ulven
10-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Here's our new rigging reel, lots of messiah stuff.
We're in the process of updating the website as well but that's not quite done yet.
Enjoy!

quicktime compatible mp4 www.usefulslug.com/usefulslugriggingreel.mp4 (http://www.usefulslug.com/usefulslugriggingreel.mp4)

xvid avi www.usefulslug.com/usefulslugriggingreel.avi (http://www.usefulslug.com/usefulslugriggingreel.avi)

About 11.5 megabytes

rush123
10-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Great rigs Ulven :thumbsup:

R

My Fault
10-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Love the rigs Vegard. I especially like that you focus so much on making it useable for us animators, even if that means you have to work more behind the scenes to do it.

The facial rig on the businessman is especially nice. Being able to throw together quick poses with the box controllers and then plus them with the individual controls is sweet.

Looking forward to seeing all the other stuff you guys are developing deep in the bowels of your secret lab. Rumor is that beer drinking robots guard the place!

Sil3
10-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Those Rigs look amazing, congrats :thumbsup:

DMack
10-22-2007, 02:06 PM
Yep! Great looking rigs! They would be seriously fun to use!!! Congratulations! :bounce:

MikeBuckland
10-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Very inspiring stuff! You guys rock

Ulven
10-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. :bowdown:
Remember we can help you with all sorts of problems, not just rigging. www.usefulslug.com/technical.html our freelance technical direction services. :banghead: :cry: :wip: :lightbulb: :applause:

a_joke
10-25-2007, 05:42 PM
quick question...are you guys going to put out more tutorials in the future? i see the bendy guy on your site, but more of what i saw in the video.

Ulven
10-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Yes we probably will. Although one of the most important concepts of rigging the way we do is covered there (how to do the stretchy stuff)

marchermann
11-03-2007, 04:45 PM
I am not familiar with Messiah, but pondering on purchasing for an upcoming job (currently using LW and Modo). This reel looks very interesting as it seems to demo not just your talents but also Messiah's possibilities.

Could you detail how much of the interface elements (face-boxes, arrowcrosses, face-dots etc.) is extra development by you guys and how much is in Messiah out of the box?

Thanks,
Marc

PS: So did you make the rig for David's bear project?

Leonardo Vega
11-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Awesome reel! I like the stretchy characters (like the little girl)! I noticed on the website you have two things up for sale, a tutorial and the auto-rigger plug-in.

1) The bendy-limb tutorial: Do I need the auto-rigger plug-in for that? Will that tutorial teach me how setup a rig like the bendy-limb dude on the reel? Seems like a dream to animate with that. Lastly, is there a model included as well or just the video (I can use Charlie or Butch if not..).

2) Auto-Rigger: Will auto-rigger get me to the point of something like that Chinese guy on the reel or does it require a lot more work?

I'm a huge fan of cartoony animation and these rigs look great! Keep it up!

Ulven
11-04-2007, 10:07 AM
marcboy:
What the armatures (the blue dots etc) do is make it possible to create an interface for your rigs essentially. Some of the way they work is straight out of the box and some of them have functionality from suricate's new plugins he released a bit ago. And some again have functionality from scripts. What the underlying rig does is straight out of the box (I.E. Stretching, noodeling etc.)
And Suricate made the rig for the bear, I was just called in to help them with the neck on that particular project.

Leonardo Vega:
The scenefiles and the model are included with the tutorial. It teaches you the priciple of how to rig like this, and teaches you how to avoid the problems you might find along the way like flipping bones etc.
Ehh, not sure what you're asking, the autorigger will get you what you see in the videos I made for it, that's more than enough for most characters.

Leonardo Vega
11-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Cool, I was just wondering if you had to add any additional tweaks to the rigs in the video...

But, you answered my questions. Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
11-04-2007, 01:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.