PDA

View Full Version : Alienware laptop = consistent problems; alternatives ??

MrCamper
10-20-2007, 04:41 PM
We have been using top of the line Alienware laptops for almost 5 years, but have had nothing but nagging recurring problems.

Never mind what the problems are; they have ranged to mousepad, hard drives, dvd drives, keyboard, screen, power, brooken plugs, etc... just all sorts of problems all of which have been adressed eventually by Alienware, but they persist.

So my question is, in the world of expensive, fast, stupid high quslity graphics notebooks is there a better way??

As far as Dell goes, we have over 2000 Dell computers companywide, but nothing (M90, XPS, etc...) can touch the total speed and graphics quality of the beast Alienware.

does VooDoo, HP, have something else more reliable?? ..or are the top performers just fragile.

If this is just as good as it gets, I ""am"" going to dump the Alienware laptops (14) and go with the top XPS M1730 line...... - sigh - I need more. ...much more.

Thanks.

Szos
10-20-2007, 07:47 PM
We have been using top of the line Alienware laptops for almost 5 years, but have had nothing but nagging recurring problems.

Never mind what the problems are; they have ranged to mousepad, hard drives, dvd drives, keyboard, screen, power, brooken plugs, etc... just all sorts of problems all of which have been adressed eventually by Alienware, but they persist.

So my question is, in the world of expensive, fast, stupid high quslity graphics notebooks is there a better way??

As far as Dell goes, we have over 2000 Dell computers companywide, but nothing (M90, XPS, etc...) can touch the total speed and graphics quality of the beast Alienware.

does VooDoo, HP, have something else more reliable?? ..or are the top performers just fragile.

If this is just as good as it gets, I ""am"" going to dump the Alienware laptops (14) and go with the top XPS M1730 line...... - sigh - I need more. ...much more.

Thanks.

There is absolutely nothing proprietary about Alieware technology. They use the same components as any other PC maker has access to... just takes finding the right one. Of course if you are so hell bent on high-end, have you thought about dumping the laptop and going for a desktop? Would save you lots of money and offer up much greater performance.

imashination
10-21-2007, 02:05 AM
What do you want to do with them? (video, 3d etc) and where are they being used?

CGTalk Moderation
10-21-2007, 02:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.