PDA

View Full Version : Nutty Bot Dance

dborruso
10-20-2007, 02:01 AM
Hello CGtalk folks

I never posted any of my stuff here before. I am a self taught amateur. I took a venture outside bouncing balls and walk cycles and would like some crit. It's really just a fun animation of my bot dancing. I know it's pretty floaty, I'm not so good with weight yet. I still need to get a lot of the Keith Lango VTS back issues. I made it with Truespace 7.51, I am enjoying their new bones. Very easy to rig and use. Now I just need to learn to animate properly lol.

Here it is:

http://www.3dfrog.com/wips/breakbotfinal.wmv (http://www.3dfrog.com/wips/breakbotfinal.wmv)

peterhorvath
10-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Hi!

Not a bad start. You have fantasy and I think that's good and extremly important.
But I have to say that the better way to learn is do the obligate tutorials with the balls and weights.
And I suggest that don't use a moving background at first time, till you want crits because it takes away the eyes from the motion of your figure.

So practice, practice and practice. From the small "steps" to the infinity! (and beyond!!! :D )

dborruso
10-20-2007, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the reply p.golem. Yes I agree doing the basic exercises are the way to go. I have been doing a lot of bouncing balls and walk cycles lately. I wanted to try my hand at something a little more fun though. But don't worry I'll do my exercises ;)

I was a little intimidated to post here but figured I could get good crits and tips here. I post at the Truespace forum and get some good feedback but a lot of the Truespace people are doing mostly still renders not animation. Their animation tools are really new and a lot of people haven't got to them yet. I tried CGchar too but the forum doen't seem so active. Hopefully you guys can accept me. I don't have the kind of money to go to animation school yet so I rely on the internet.

I'll stay away from animated backgrounds so people can focus on the motion. I will try to bring some higher quality to my work for crit. I am eagerly awaiting the next Truespace release where they have some things fixed and additional animation features.

Thanks for being kind and for appreciating the fantasy of it.

CGTalk Moderation
10-20-2007, 11:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.