PDA

View Full Version : Character Weighting Problems

jcsaline
10-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Hello all,

I'm having problems with the weighting on a rigged character. I start with a weighted and rigged character, import him into another scene file with a landscape, and animate him. The next day I start to notice the weighting "slipping," weird distortions and tears in the mesh that were not there in previous versions. This is absolutely mystifying me, can anybody assist in figuring this problem out? Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JC

ashishdantu
10-26-2007, 12:04 PM
hi,

can you post a pic ? in your rig file itself, select your global transform and translate and rotate it to 500 units and check if you see this happening. If it does your rig itself has some issues..

one reason can be that when some parts of the rig or deformers are not following your global transform the way they shud, check for staying behind items ! then check your deformer input stack..for correct order like blendshapes should be below skin cluster etc..

a pic would be helpful in debugging.

CGTalk Moderation
10-26-2007, 12:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.