PDA

View Full Version : Special FX - Mr. B's Training Day

CarlRiver
10-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Hello guys!

This is an animation I did for university. I finished working on it in june and recently spent some more time to go over the compositing again and add some refinements (including the title animation).

http://www.users.fh-salzburg.ac.at/~fhs14319/thumbs/mr_b_preview.jpg

View Animation (approx. 15 MB) (http://www.users.fh-salzburg.ac.at/~fhs14319/work/Mr_B_web.mov)

This was an attempt to get more into particle simulation and (of course) compositing.

Hope you like it.

-reinhold

mistasam02
10-19-2007, 05:03 PM
I like the concept, but the main thing I didn't like was the camera shake. It just seemed to random, and it kinda dulled down the blast. If you had less shake before the explosion, and then a crazy one during the blast, it would look more intense. Also, in real explosion vids, the camera usually gets really bright when the bomb goes off. The effects look cool though. :D nice work!

hoktar
10-19-2007, 10:24 PM
yea i also think the camera shake is too strong.
and maybe the fireball should be more yellow/orange instead of the black areas, because isn't fire/it's smoke only black when fuel or something like this gets burned..? not sure.

btw. wie kommts, dass du noch nicht am cgforum.at dabei bist ;) ?
musst unbedingt mal vorbei schaun, die österreichische konkurrenz zur cgsociety *g*

TP
10-20-2007, 02:49 PM
very cool explosion :thumbsup:

CarlRiver
10-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Why, thanks to all your replies.

@mistasam: Yes, I know the camera movement is a little too much and too random especially at the beginning. This was just the way I filmed the footage to get this amateurish I-can't-take-a-steady-picture look. If I had to do it again I would extract a background plate from the live footage and add the camera movement in post.

@hoktar: Bin grad beim anmelden... Werd die Animation dort auch noch posten. Bin nur viel zu wenig in den diversen Foren unterwegs

-reinhold

CGTalk Moderation
10-20-2007, 03:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.